What important pieces am I missing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyr

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am a big superhero fan, in the last week I bought 2 TDk dx02 a tumbler a Batpod. 2 Iron Man battle damaged, a Superman Returns, Spiderman comic medicom, Spiderman 3 black suit medicom, peter Parker medicom, snake eyes sideshow, Joker dx police and a body, Batman cowl preorder, I think thats it. Is their anything you recommend Snake Eyes movie sword is their anything you recommend that I may like for my collection? I am new so I do not know on past or future releases I should look for? Thank you. John

I was thinking about blade you recommend it? Is it on par with the Tdk dx02 and the joker?

:welcome to the Forums! Enjoy yourself among the Freaks!! :welcome

I agree. Suggestions are fine but in the end get what you really want and you'll appreciate them a whole lot more.

That's my opinion anyway. :duff

I'll move this through to the General Collectables sections since you already have an introductions thread and this one asks about various licenses.

Personally I would agree with what has been said. Just buy whatever is going to make you happy. If you like a certain character and theres an items you want then go for it, there is a heck of a lot to choose from.
Shell
x :peace

You need a Doom PF EX, or you'll be a failure at collecting.

THE sweetest piece EVAR! but the TC seems to be talking strictly 1:6. i recently got the HT Ironman Mark 1 and it's a wonder to behold! the detail, design, engineering are tops. it's the cat's meWow! still priced decently too

I don't think there's much point in reccommending any specific pieces as it's all a matter of taste but if you're generally looking for high quality 1:6 scale figures I'd check out the website of the following companies and see what they have to offer - you can also search for the companies on ebay where you might find some older stuff too.

Here the best manufacturers (IMO) in the 1:6 scale market:
Hot Toys
Enterbay
Medicom
Sideshow

By the way, was that all one haul???

Got Money?

Since I am new to this their are pieces that have come and gone. I did not know Hot Toys made a Superman my favorite character and I almost bought a Medicom:( So I was wondering if their were some really great pieces that people really don't talk about any more?

For 1:6 scale, people seem to prefer Hot Toys. Since they're a relatively young company, you haven't really missed out on much. Unless, of course, you're a fan of Aliens, Predator, or Pirates of the Carribbean. The rest of their stuff is relatively easy to find on eBay.

If you're a fan of Lord of the Rings, then Sideshow's line of 1:6 figures might interest you. There's just one negative - they ended the line before completing figures of the entire Fellowship. But, if you can live without Gimli, Merry and Pippen, you might want to track that line down.

The best advice I can give you is to figure out what you want to do with your collection, and take it from there. I used to buy nothing but 1:6 scale figures, until the day I bought my first Premium Format statue. Now, with the exception of Sideshow's Dead line and Hot Toys' Iron Man figures, I buy nothing buy PFs. Why? Because I suck at posing my figures, and I'd rather only have one or two iconic characters per license, then multiple figures of the same characters only with different outfits. Not to mention the overall savings in display space. Naturally, your mileage may vary.

I have only started in the last two weeks but I have really gotten into this hobby. Since I just started I do not know what I have missed over the years. I would like to collect Superhero movies and blockbusters. I have TDK, batpod, tumbler, superman, Iron man I, II, III BD, Spiderman 3 peter parker, red and black costumes, terminator, T-600,t-700,T-800 BD, Blade, Wolverine, DE-209 BD Robocop, Darth Vader, I would like to stick with Hot Toys and figures that wear masks unless they have the current good face sculpts and painting, I plan on buying war machine and Arnold T-800 so you know my taste. What have I missed and should search for? Thank you for all your help

Sounds like your off to a great start,I have would mention also the predators and Dutch.

Back