What if Weta release more 1/6 LOTR, Do you Still GEt 1/4 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aurea23

Freakalicious
Reaction score
What if Weta release more 1/6 LOTR, Do you Still GEt 1/4 PF ?

I know this is a big What if, but you never know. Weta may revisit there LOTR polyrange by themselves... ?

Do you collect both then or stick only with WETA ?

Michael

Sideshow here, once you get your first PF your outlook on statues changes. PLUS I think Sideshow will have better human sculpts.

Viking28 said:
Sideshow here, once you get your first PF your outlook on statues changes. PLUS I think Sideshow will have better human sculpts.

Not for me. I saw SS PF stuff at SDCC. They are great items but in the end I still prefer statues.

I vote Sideshow!

Not to knock Weta, their statues look awesome and the poses they choose kick-ass, but I think the human likenesses are a little soft. Again their action poses are the best, but Sideshow can deliver that with realistic clothes to boot.:D

I'm going WETA to. The statues for me, capture way more than a PF figure. WETA will most likly do the statues when the Hobbit comes around, but thats a long when.

Do you know that guy getting Slammed in the Post above gets up and wins. He's considered one of the best fighters pound for pound.

atew

weta's sculpts have that "something" that know other lotr products will ever have, not even sideshows no matter how great.

also another little something they have is their
association with all three movies

and then theres
Oscar-winning.

Congratulations on hitting the K, Lakehouse.

I reckon people are going to have to eat their words when the PF's come out. Sideshows scupltors will capture the likenesses better than Weta has, and the detail of the PF's is stunning. I can see how the cloth may not capture the flair that polystone statues do, but seeing as how that relationship can't be salvaged, at this point, they give a life to the product polystone alone can't. They are two different mediums and we will get two different opinions, but it's all good, and aren't you glad Sideshow persued getting the licence?

I am still a Weta collector . There will always be something new to collect with LOTR. I have decided to get one PF piece to add to the diversity of my collection . I already need an entire room to display what I have now!

Polystone is art, the 1/4 scale mixed media are dolls. If that is your thing, great. I believe production and painting of the polystone weta line is much more costly to make, so with the mixed media, Sideshow is making more profit on these figures. Cost less to make, Sideshow setting high retail price on them = bigger profits. Are they a publically traded company, might be good idea to buy stocks. As to likeness, some of the SSW pieces didn't have them well done, we need to wait and see for the LOTR 1/4 scale.

Daveyjaro said:
Polystone is art, the 1/4 scale mixed media are dolls.

Let me remind everybody, what we collect are action figures not dolls! And when they are not action figures they are statues. Now what the PF are, are a hybrid of the two.

:joy SIDESHOW SIDESHOW SIDESHOW:joy

creecher said:
Congratulations on hitting the K, Lakehouse.

I reckon people are going to have to eat their words when the PF's come out. Sideshows scupltors will capture the likenesses better than Weta has, and the detail of the PF's is stunning. I can see how the cloth may not capture the flair that polystone statues do, but seeing as how that relationship can't be salvaged, at this point, they give a life to the product polystone alone can't. They are two different mediums and we will get two different opinions, but it's all good, and aren't you glad Sideshow persued getting the licence?

I'm very glad Creecher - I will probably buy one or two PFs (well, guess I'll only wait and, maybe I buy them all) But it Weta had done the last few missing characters I would be all over them long before I would touch the PFs...

Back