What if Sideshow made Christmas trees?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shropt

My Little Mod
Reaction score
What if Sideshow made Christmas trees... and Sideshow Freaks reviewed them?

Finally I got my Christmas tree in from Sideshow. The prototype looked amazing and I can't believe I'm the first person to get this in. I promised to takes pics in the other thread so here we go!!

tree01.jpg

Here is the box. They went a little cheap by making having it simply packed in the shipping box. I like that they went with a full color sticker but I much prefer the colored box inside of a shipping box. I guess they didn't expect to sell very many of these. :(

There isn't an edition size on the box so it must be an open edition. There goes the resell value on this piece.

tree02.jpg

Here's the problem with having the shipping box be the only box. Freaking UPS must have thrown this thing all around. I'm thinking about contacting Sideshow if they can send a replacement box.

I haven't put this together yet so I'll post again when I have it together.

Okay, I couldn't wait till it was finished.

tree03.jpg

Here is the first pic before I've futzed with it. Already I've gotta say the color is not like on the proto and the pinecones look like a different mold. I hope this looks better after it's been futzed.

I'll post more later.

Guess what, my freaking camera died. I've finished putting it together and I like it. There are lots of places they could have improved on the sculpt but I can overlook them.

Here's a quick pic I took with my camera phone. I hope to get more pics tomorrow when my camera is working again.

tree04.jpg

Battery is charged!!

Now that I've slept on it I really like this tree. Great job Sideshow!! I really don't think any other company could have done a better job.

tree06.jpg

The only problem that still bugs me is the base. They really could have done more with it but I'll be getting some kind of skirt to cover it up.

tree08.jpg

Again, great job Sideshow!!! :clap:clap:clap

I couldn't take it anymore. This tree just could have looked so much better.

So... I've customized it. I added some decorations and a tree skirt. I also stuck a nice scaled cat Christmas decoration beside it since Sideshow didn't include any accessories. It looks much better now and I'd recommend this to anyone that has the skill.

tree07.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

I hope you enjoyed my little jest. :)

1. one of the ornaments are not fogged over enough
2. the seal around the candy cane is clearly not accurate
3. the elf's hat is the wrong color
4. the needles look like they are flaking off
5. the base looks like it'd made for a 1/18 scale tree

those are just a few that jump out at me right now, im sure this list can be added to.......:cool:

;)

Will Sideshow ever listen to me and make a Stealth Christmas Tree??? It's just a simple repaint...

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Great gag. Pretty much all the stages we go through when something finally arrives at the door in a shipping box.

Mine arrived just fine and looks fantastic! Clearly, there is something wrong with you that makes you perpetually unhappy with everything. Personally, I'm amazed that a company can produce such great quality in a limited edition far below the price of the competition. Seriously, pictures do not do this piece justice, you must see it in person!

You millionaires can wait for the Hot Toys version only to have another, better (DX) version come out and pay through the nose again for the version of the tree that should have shipped in the first place. Me, I'm happy with Sideshow's!

[3 months later]

Hey guys! FS - Sideshow Christmas Tree for 3X the original price!

Merry Christmas Shropt! :D

I like it! I think I will go for the regular... the exclusive with the pine cones doesn't seem worth the extra price to me... but at least they did something besides just making the exclusive an 11 x 17 color print of the tree. :D

I couldn't take it anymore. This tree just could have looked so much better.

So... I've customized it. I added some decorations and a tree skirt. I also stuck a nice scaled cat Christmas decoration beside it since Sideshow didn't include any accessories. It looks much better now and I'd recommend this to anyone that has the skill.

tree07.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

I hope you enjoyed my little jest. :)

Is the cat the exclusive? Not sure I'm digging it too much. I may just go for the regular and buy it someplace else.

Are those candy canes hero or stunt?

The stunt was clearly red with white stripes, while the hero was white with red stripes.

I found a Tonner Tree. Not really sure about it either:

2127565278_db82009e65.jpg

OMG....i have that exact tree in my kitchen. it was my mother in laws. it is old & and the voice chip is going out on it. at the end when it says "happy new year everybody" it really screws up and starts to sound like it's possessed....:lol

OMG....i have that exact tree in my kitchen. it was my mother in laws. it is old & and the voice chip is going out on it. at the end when it says "happy new year everybody" it really screws up and starts to sound like it's possessed....:lol

Get rid of it barryo, that ????'s tacky! lol

Back