What Happens When Ten Young Individuals Watch HALLOWEEN For The First Time?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Halloween, I believe it's a classic, but I can totally see where someone younger might not be into or even think it's campy. It is very slow, the acting is far from great and both Annie and Lynda's death scenes are a bit silly (the expression on Annie's face when she dies is borderline cartoonish). There are a lot of old horror movies we consider classics that we probably wouldn't had we not grown up on them.

Everytime I get to Annie's death it completely takes me out of the film, way past my supension of disbelief. Especially when pleasence is keeping such a dead serious demeanor the whole time. Halloween set the blue print for the slasher, it needs to be regarded as such, but I can understand why a lot of people wouldn't be able to appreciate it like you would if you had seen it in the theater on opening night.

When you can watch a movie like the Shining then watch Halloween, some of its effect will be lost.

The Thing is a much better film imo.
Prince of Darkness is even creepier to me, and I saw that in my 20's.

Last edited:
If you hate Jaws, you deserve to be punched in the genitals. No exceptions.

Even if you're a small child or a woman. Punch in the ****ing genitals.

But seriously, Jaws is a great movie. It has a great story with great characters, great direction, great acting, and a great score. What's not to love? Oh, the shark looks fake? So ****ing what?

Oh, Halloween didn't scare you? So what? It's still a good, solid movie. The Conjuring wasn't scare in the slightest, but it was still a fun solid horror film.
But no, they want Rob Zombie's Halloween type crap. Man, that movie is pretty awful.

But punching women and children (especially children) in their genitals? Isn't that a little . . .

You say such horrible, twisted things bro.

mel-gibson-mug-shot.jpg

I don't think this article should come as much of a surprise. Even I have a hard time getting into some of the movies from my youth. A few of them stand out, though. Like the thing and texas chainsaw massacre. I never was much of a Halloween fan anyway...or Jaws, since it was mentioned. I think the hostel and saw movies are crap, too.

This is just the way it is.
If you don't grow up with these films they don't impress now.
I didn't grew up with ALIEN, EfNY, The Terminator, Evil Dead, Star Wars OT... yet I love those :wave
Actually I saw SWOT only after Attack of the Clones :lol

If you hate Jaws, you deserve to be punched in the genitals. No exceptions.
Even if you're a small child or a woman. Punch in the ****ing genitals.
Dammit_Johnny_by_TheTriskel.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I kinda feel this way, too. My love of say Friday the 13th stems from watching it in my early teens (and with no prior exposure really to horror) but I'd hardly expect young adults who grew up on Hostel, Saw and much gorier films to be terrified of Jason as represented in II - IV. Just too tame, relatively poor SFX compared to now and borderline to terrible acting. I think same can be said of Halloween. Myers is a great achetype but the movie is no longer horrifying to new audiences. Just saw the original The Thing for the first time a week or two ago and that to me is an example of a horror movie that has aged better than a lot of the slasher films.

Everytime I get to Annie's death it completely takes me out of the film, way past my supension of disbelief. Especially when pleasence is keeping such a dead serious demeanor the whole time. Halloween set the blue print for the slasher, it needs to be regarded as such, but I can understand why a lot of people wouldn't be able to appreciate it like you would if you had seen it in the theater on opening night.

When you can watch a movie like the Shining then watch Halloween, some of its effect will be lost.

The Thing is a much better film imo.
Prince of Darkness is even creepier to me, and I saw that in my 20's.

But that's the thing. There are movies that are THAT Slow and suspenseful now....
There are movies that are no different than Friday or Halloween, (Obviously they are modern with more special effects) Movies that kids watch and pay for. PG 13 movies that are boring but teens eat them up. I could name a ton of bad movies that are not even as good as Halloween or Friday the 13th.
And those today, make millions back.so I don't get it. Teens are going to watch these stupid horrible cliche crappy movies like:
Prom Night, like When a Stranger Calls, the Strangers, Paranormal Activity, Open Water. I Know what you did Last Summer 2,

I could go on, and on, Movies that can be said to be as slow as Halloween or Friday, Or Jaws... But nowhere Near as good.
Speaking of Jaws... How could someone say Jaws is long and boring but watch Open Water and say it was so scary? that makes no sense for example.

Or make fun of Halloween and say it is boring, but watch every sequel to Paranormal Activity, How does that make ANY Sense????
Honestly I really don't get it, the only thing I could say is that the fact that these movies are old and with actors that they don't recognize is what turns people off. That's it. It's the "old" factor that makes people be this way.
Because I can bet that someone can rip Halloween off with young actors of today, make it PG 13 and kids will eat it up like the morons they are.

But that's the thing. There are movies that are THAT Slow and suspenseful now....
There are movies that are no different than Friday or Halloween, (Obviously they are modern with more special effects) Movies that kids watch and pay for. PG 13 movies that are boring but teens eat them up. I could name a ton of bad movies that are not even as good as Halloween or Friday the 13th.
And those today, make millions back.so I don't get it. Teens are going to watch these stupid horrible cliche crappy movies like:
Prom Night, like When a Stranger Calls, the Strangers, Paranormal Activity, Open Water. I Know what you did Last Summer 2,

I could go on, and on, Movies that can be said to be as slow as Halloween or Friday, Or Jaws... But nowhere Near as good.
Speaking of Jaws... How could someone say Jaws is long and boring but watch Open Water and say it was so scary? that makes no sense for example.

Or make fun of Halloween and say it is boring, but watch every sequel to Paranormal Activity, How does that make ANY Sense????
Honestly I really don't get it, the only thing I could say is that the fact that these movies are old and with actors that they don't recognize is what turns people off. That's it. It's the "old" factor that makes people be this way.
Because I can bet that someone can rip Halloween off with young actors of today, make it PG 13 and kids will eat it up like the morons they are.

well maybe the people they screened Halloween for don't like those contemporary movies either? There are a lot of different reasons why these people wouldn't like Halloween, and Its really easy just to say " all these people are idiots" but that's a tad ignorant, imo. They may very well be idiots but the fact is we cant really know for sure.

Back