What happened to Jurassic Park?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, you're right. Any evidence of Jurassic Park seems to be wiped from Sideshow's site. That's bound to upset a lot of people who just can't make do with their Dinosauria line. Glad I'm not one of them. :lol

wow that stinks. so no more jurassic park or Jaws or anything else from universal. And they have some of the best movies :(

What happened to Jurassic Park?

The dinosaurs escaped, ate a few people. Then they closed the park down. No more Jurassic park....

:)

The lysine contingency is intended to prevent the spread of the animals in case they ever got off the island. Dr. Wu inserted a gene that makes a single faulty enzyme in protein metabolism. The animals can't manufacture the amino acid lysine. Unless they're continually supplied with lysine by us, they'll slip into a coma and die.

It is absolutely imperative that we work with the Costa Rican Department of Biological Preserves to establish a set of rules for the preservation and isolation of that island. These creatures require our absence to survive, not our help. And if we could only step aside and trust in nature, life will find a way.

By the way, have you read the script (current) for JP4?

Jesus!, its bad,.... bad like Batman and Robin....

The lysine contingency is intended to prevent the spread of the animals in case they ever got off the island. Dr. Wu inserted a gene that makes a single faulty enzyme in protein metabolism. The animals can't manufacture the amino acid lysine. Unless they're continually supplied with lysine by us, they'll slip into a coma and die.

It is absolutely imperative that we work with the Costa Rican Department of Biological Preserves to establish a set of rules for the preservation and isolation of that island. These creatures require our absence to survive, not our help. And if we could only step aside and trust in nature, life will find a way.

LOL. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl .

The JP line was long dead before any issues with Universal, Sideshow saw they could have success with a dinosaur line and opted to do their own concept pieces where there's no license fees or specific representations to get right. It was a smarter business choice for them.

The JP line was long dead before any issues with Universal, Sideshow saw they could have success with a dinosaur line and opted to do their own concept pieces where there's no license fees or specific representations to get right. It was a smarter business choice for them.

that makes sense but has anything ever been said about why they never did anything from Jaws besides the Maquette?

Personally I really regret that I sold my SS JP dio. The color app did suck and the details are not as good as the dinosauria pieces, but still, it was a great statue. There are a couple of local stores that still have the SS JP dio in stock, but they cost more than $600 now... :(

that makes sense but has anything ever been said about why they never did anything from Jaws besides the Maquette?

I'd say sales, the maquette was available for years after it first shipped. JAWS has fandom, but I don't think enough consumers in the high end market to support products in the numbers Sideshow needs to produce things in.

Do you guys think the whole Universal fiasco had to do with Disney now owning the rights to Marvel?...

Do you mean the whole Islands of Adventure thing? Realistically no. Universal's deal with Marvel is infinite. Meaning that as long as they want IOA: Marvel Super Hero Island functioning there isn't anything that Disney can do. The thing is that Disney gets the royalities and revenue from the products and even rumors that they are going to stick copyright Disney on some of the theme park merchandise as a simply "F-U" but Disney knows that East of the Mississippi, Universal holds all of the cards. I don't expect that Disney is too worried about it, their deal allows them to do what they want with the Marvel heroes in LA, Hong Kong, Toyko, Paris and they haven't made a move, they are in no rush anyway.

If it's not that I hadn't heard of any other kind of bad blood via the two companies.

Do you mean the whole Islands of Adventure thing? Realistically no. Universal's deal with Marvel is infinite. Meaning that as long as they want IOA: Marvel Super Hero Island functioning there isn't anything that Disney can do. The thing is that Disney gets the royalities and revenue from the products and even rumors that they are going to stick copyright Disney on some of the theme park merchandise as a simply "F-U" but Disney knows that East of the Mississippi, Universal holds all of the cards. I don't expect that Disney is too worried about it, their deal allows them to do what they want with the Marvel heroes in LA, Hong Kong, Toyko, Paris and they haven't made a move, they are in no rush anyway.

If it's not that I hadn't heard of any other kind of bad blood via the two companies.

I was referring to Sideshow's deal with Universal... if Sideshow having the Marvel license caused the bitter break-up?...

Back