What exclusives do you think we'll see for Joe figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see the color changing thing as particularly integral to a cool Zartan figure. For one thing, I don't know about you, but I have no intention of placing any of my high-end, too expensive (and they will be) G.I. Joe collectibles in direct sunlight or heat. Just isn't good for them. And I'd prefer good paint applications to blue skin any day.
None of the subsequent Zartan figures could change color (of course, none of them were near as cool as the original. Remember the orange mohawk?)

Now, if anyone would like me to repaint their Zartan (I know Shai will have more than one) with realistic blue skin, I'll be glad to!

On another note, which would you prefer for his eyes? The stark white of the original figure (and I think the comic as well), or the green within green of the cartoon?
And I noticed the 25th Ann. Zartan is wearing a black shirt under his armor. Would you prefer that, or the bare midriff/arms look?

If SS make his skin change, damn straight I'm taking him outside.

It's not like you HAVE to store him outside all the time :rolleyes:

If SS make his skin change, damn straight I'm taking him outside.

It's not like you HAVE to store him outside all the time :rolleyes:

I know, but it's just basic collectible care wisdom that you don't do that. You may do as you please, of course! They're your dolls! I keep my dolls inside. Latchkey dolls, they are.

How about an expansion with his swamphopper? I know we are not likely to see any vehicles in this line, but I'd dearly love to see the swamphopper and Serpentor's chariot.

And I noticed the 25th Ann. Zartan is wearing a black shirt under his armor. Would you prefer that, or the bare midriff/arms look?

Some of the 25th Anniversary figures are "hybrid" designs of the original G.I. Joe figure designs (also seen in the Marvel comics) and the more recent character designs seen in the Devil's Due G.I. Joe comics.

25th Ann. SERPENTOR is a hybrid of the original/DD design.

Devil's Due Design for "The Return of Serpentor" storyline:
https://smalljoes.com/images_comics/comic22-bmt_l.jpg

https://smalljoes.com/images_comics/comic22-2nd_l.jpg

Zartan is also a mix of the original and Devil's Due. In the DD comics he mostly wears a long black t-shirt (sometimes with shoulder pads) with brown pants that have his trademark thigh pads and stuff. He mixes it up sometimes with a trenchcoat but it's a more "modern" design. His look varies a lot.

https://www.myuselessknowledge.com/joe/zartan-zanya.gif

25th Ann. FIREFLY also has a slight touch of the Devil's Due design...the "thread lines" along his mask are influenced from the DD design.

I donno, I like some of them. i guess, in the end it's gonna be Hasbro's call.
That, and even their 25th annaversery line has some DD designs in them.

As long as they look good.. I don't care really. Though I want the original design mostly... if it's a good call to cover up some joints and things... then I'm all for it.

I was just thinking Zartan and the Dreads will probably be the hardest Figs to do right.. and the chicks.. SS hasn't done a 12" Chick right yet IMO.

I'd rather have accurate costumes than covered joints. They could release Quick Kick in a kimono but then it isn't classic Quick Kick (not that he's high on my list in any form.) The male Joes should come out fine, but yeah, I'm a little apprehensive about how Scarlett and Baroness will turn out. As Illum Padme has shown us skin tight costumes on a female buck are less than appealing.

A cool exclusive of each figure would be a chess piece as was used for Cobra Commander's chessboard in the comic.

John

Back