What does it take?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skiman

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello SSF members, it's a great day for bodybuilding as I'm going to do legs today. I've all ready eating a fair amount of foods and I'm fueled up for this intense workout.

So as the title states, what does it take? Well you guess might be asking yourself what does he mean... In general I mean what does it take in order to achieve your goals in your fitness lifestyles. There are several pieces to the puzzle in order to achieve a great body and live a overall healthy lifestyle. The dieting, the consistency, the intensity.

Now I can't tell you what you should eat and what you shouldn't as it goes for healthy foods and of course anything that is fried, fast food or most restaurants are out of the question if you are serious about losing weight, getting in shape, lowering the body fat down and getting the inside of all your organs in tip top shape.

What I can tell you is that everyone is different, we all burn at a different metabolic weight, we all have a different metabolism, we all have different bodies (ectomorph, endomorph, mesomorph). So it's gonna take some testing and trail and error to find out what is the happy medium (calories, protein, carbs and fats). Some can get by with 200 grams of carbs per day unfortunately I am not one of those, I try to time my carbs between two types of meals during the day, mainly breakfast and post workout. Therefore I have energy from my carbs in the morning to fuel the day and my workouts and then immediately right after a workout for repairs.

I for one eat six meals of day with protein being the number one staple in each of those meals, the cutting or bulking depends on how many grams of carbs and fats in each meal and how many more calories I add to my daily intake.

Now everyone wants to know how do I gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. Well the trick to this question is that it almost impossible. Now I didn't say that's it's not possible, just highly unlikely unless you fit into a few categories. 1) you've never workout out in your life and are new to fitness 2) your push the envelope very intensely, eat properly, watch macros 3) or the best way, the anabolic way, not my choice btw.

I'm sure everyone has the hope of number 2). but I have to ask you, how hard do you really push yourself in the gym or whenever you do workout. There's the casual Joe that comes in moves about steadily and talks on the cellphone between sets and looks at their Facebook and reads e-mails between each exercises. Or there's the guy that stares at everyone in the gym between sets or just looks at the white wall for a good 5-7 minutes thinking of god knows what. Of course then you have people that put tons of massive amounts of weights on the sled to push it about 2-4 times and wait another half an hour only to put another plate on each side of the machine to rep it another 2-4 times.

Whenever I talk about intensity I mean push the limits, I mean you don't have time to talk to anyone nor do you want to talk to anyone because you are so out of breath from the set prior that you need to conserve that energy and focus for the next set. We need to go in there with a purpose and focus, don't let anyone get in the way of your goals and talk your head off for about 20 minutes otherwise you will have to start the focus all over again. Keep the rest between the sets no longer that 30-45 seconds, it's crucial to the burning rate you are setting in for your body to be optimally burning fat at a steady rate. Hence you are keeping the training moving at fairly fast rate, now don't move the weights or machines that quickly with the reps, just the time in between that is rested. You should keep your form and movement of all weights nice and steady and at a controlled movement.

.....and of course cardio, everyone hates it, myself included. You should do at least 40-60 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week in order to achieve the results you'd like. This doesn't have to be intense cardio either, as long as you are moving and keeping yourself sweating at a steady rate that is where you want to be. Some like to keep bpm but to me it's more how the way I feel while doing cardio. I usually stay on the treadmill for about 45-60 minutes at a 3-4 mph rate after my weight training. It's not only good for your lungs and it keeps the weight at a controlled level and therefore makes yourself feel way better while climbing those stairs to the office or everywhere in general without getting winded.

There it is, eat well, train hard and rest. That is the key to achieving your goals. Always remain consistent, and always keep that drive deep inside of you. You really have to want it.

Ski

Back