What do your Ladies think?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grlchicken

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey ladies and gentlemen, Just wondering how your signifigant others feel about your collections. My lady is super cool. She pretends not to get it but my favorite pieces have come from her. B-Day, Fathers day etc. And when we have company she gives the tour.

My girlfriends kinda the opposite I guess. Pretends to be interested to be nice but, using my rudimentary detective skills, I can tell she's not even remotely interested. Hot Toys and the Barbies she had years ago are all the same to her

My fiancee has always been very supportive. She's never begrudged me my collection or grimaced at anything I've chosen to get. She may not alwys care for a particular piece, but she's kinda geeky like me, so she loves the SW and LOTR stuff. She loves my Jabba, a sign of a keeper if ever there was one!

Spooktacular is a family event in my household. Everybody here "gets it" and I'm very grateful for them. :D

My girlfriends great about it. Gets me figures that didn't think was going to be able to get and encourages me to get others. Shes pretty geeky also

As long as i keep my collection untouch, it will pass on to my kids, but i happen to sell it, all the money goes to her. That is the deal and i honor it for the last 15 years.

My wife is excellent about them, and it is probably one of the reasons I married her! Although she might not know what they cost...

Totally supportive. She knew it was bad when we were dating and I had Boba Fett as a centerpiece at my dining room table. That was 1999 and she's still around so Boba Fett FTW!!!

The wife to be is fine with it. She doesn't "get it" or take much interest in them at all, but she gets excited for me when I get a new piece because she knows I like them.

My girl can appreciate the pieces I get, but could care less if I sold everything tomorrow.
I'd say she's tolerant because it's something I enjoy, but wouldn't mind if I stopped.

I keep telling her, it it wasn't for this, I'd be into modding cars.
That's a can of worms right there if I ever saw one.
We'd be a living in the car as I couldn't afford a home.

Generaly my wife is OK with it if I keep them confined to the "play room", she even enjoys them to a certain extent.

Her only issue is the amount of $$$ I spend!!! :horror

My wife doesn't get it and thinks its a waste of money. Now based on the amount of stuff I have bought over the years, I can't totally disagree with her!!! I will say this, she will NEVER know what I spent on my Cap PF!!!!

It doesnt bother my wife that I have it as a hobby but as for the figures themeselves she could really care less. I try and talk to her about stuff and I might as well be talking to the wall.

The wife has little interest in my collection. She occasionally comments on the likenesses of certain pieces but that is about it.

the girls i'm dating right now are all cool with it. :cool:

swore to never again go out with those females who belittle my hobby.

If she wants her shoes and purses and whatever, then I will have my toys. And she understands that.

That is all.

Back