What are you reading?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A man! the guy that Narrates the first 3 books is my Fav! after that that new guys sucks. i dont like his voice. lol!

I know how you feel. He definitely doesn't differentiate the voices of the character very much and it's easy to miss who he is referring too. I think George Guidall also narrated the first one (Gunslinger). Frank Muller did the second two (Drawing of the 3 & Wastelands). Guidall then does all of the remaining.

Muller does make them much more pleasing to listen to. I already miss the "George Carlin" sound he gave Eddie Dean. It's amazing what a difference the narrator can make.

Yeah man! Frank Muller is the Shat!!!!:monkey2:monkey2 i miss him lol

I just wrapped up "Wolves of the Calla" this morning and WOW, how do these books keep getting better and better???

Anyway, in the 'afterward' of the audio book, King dedicates the book to Frank Muller and talks about how he was supposed to narrate all of the books in the Dark Tower series, but in 2001 he was in a terrible motorcycle accident and suffered career ending injuries. The helmet saved his life but the neurological damage kept him from narrating any more titles. The last title he narrated before the accident was Clive Barker's "Coldheart Canyon".

After a quick google search I came upon his website and learned that he passed away just last year...

https://www.frankmullerhome.com said:
For the next 6 1/2 years, Frank waged the fight of his life against his injuries along with his dynamic wife Erika and their magical children, Diana and Morgan. Sadly, Frank passed away on June 4, 2008.

On a lighter note, I'm moving on to "Song of Susannah". I hope it's as good as the rest have been so far.

I just wrapped up "Wolves of the Calla" this morning and WOW, how do these books keep getting better and better???

Anyway, in the 'afterward' of the audio book, King dedicates the book to Frank Muller and talks about how he was supposed to narrate all of the books in the Dark Tower series, but in 2001 he was in a terrible motorcycle accident and suffered career ending injuries. The helmet saved his life but the neurological damage kept him from narrating any more titles. The last title he narrated before the accident was Clive Barker's "Coldheart Canyon".

After a quick google search I came upon his website and learned that he passed away just last year...

On a lighter note, I'm moving on to "Song of Susannah". I hope it's as good as the rest have been so far.

Thanks for the info!!! That sucks!!! he was awesome!! Oh well!! i need to rap up Wolves of Calla!!! so i can end this ^^^^^!!!

Finished The Flood moving on to First Strike and the beginning of this book was bad ass!!! Spartans are the ^^^^!

Having a rough time reading these days---Been reading MS Frankenstein for the last month--its not that long--I used to read during mt break at work--but its been to bloody hot.
Need to finish--I see Dean's Frankenstein (part 3)finally came out--anyone read?

I'm currently reading
good-omens.jpg
.... I love british humour!

Good Omens is a great book. It's too bad Terry Gilliam never got around to making the movie.

Good Omens is a great book. It's too bad Terry Gilliam never got around to making the movie.

He's wanted to do a film version for years. I think he even has the script written. But I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. :(

aw man...that sux...i haven't finished the book yet..but so far its awesome! I can totally see a movie adaptation from Gilliam.....

But also..I dunno..I'm tried of directors messing up my books on the big screen:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 *sigh* Eragon:monkey2:monkey2

But also..I dunno..I'm tried of directors messing up my books on the big screen:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 *sigh* Eragon:monkey2:monkey2
Yeah Eragon was a terrible adaptation. I love the books but the movie just didn't stay true enough to it, there was way too much cut out. I honestly think it's more a case of the writer screwing it up rather than the director though.

The only good thing that came out of that movie was the awesome visuals by ILM and I really liked the design of Saphira, even though she had feathers on her wings. I thought that was unique and kinda cool.

Having a rough time reading these days---Been reading MS Frankenstein for the last month--its not that long--I used to read during mt break at work--but its been to bloody hot.
Need to finish--I see Dean's Frankenstein (part 3)finally came out--anyone read?

I read the first two Dean Koontz Frankenstein books, but I didn't really care for them. And the fact its been like four years since they came out puts me off from having any interest in the third one.

I just finished Cold Choices by Larry Bond, it's about a US submarine and Russian Submarine collision. Very good read. And I just started the Death Star book.

I've got that one at home. Yet to get around to it, though.

Currently reading the Amazing Spiderman Masterworks Vol. 4 (ending in the Norman Osbourne/Gwen Stacy incident). Damn Lee and Ditko/Kirby were great. I genuinely have a tough time reading the derivative, uninspired, money-making gimmick crap that Marvel and DC are pumping out nowadays when I have the great, original, exciting stuff from the 60s to compare it to.

Also reading Stephen King's Night Shift stories now and again. Read the "Running Man" a couple weeks ago, and it was great and depressing.

Back