What are you reading? (DC Comics edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What's on your pull list? (DC Comics edition)

My list,

Green Lantern
GL Corps
Blackest Night
Batman
Streets of Gotham
Batman & Robin
Gotham City Sirens
Power Girl
Wonder Woman
Superman Secret Origins

Will probably add the new Flash, Zatanna and Birds of Prey as well.

I'll be sad when she leaves since she is the best to tackle wonder woman in a loooooong time, but I'll stick around cause I loves me some WW, if they change Lopresti, I might skip a few issues.

Spoke a bit with Alan at the Emerald City Comic Con, didn't seem like he was staying on Wonder Woman, he is a good artist but I think with JMS coming on they are going with a new art direction.

Pull list:

WonderWoman
Detective Comics
Powergirl
Green Lantern/Blackest Night/Corps/Various tie-ins
JSA
Will probably swap out Powergirl for Zatanna when Palmotti/Grey/Conner leave and will add Birds of Prey. Will also add Legion when it comes out.

Madame Xanadu, love Amy Reeder Hadley's art
Scalped
Air
Northlanders
Fables
Sweet Tooth
Unwritten
American Vampire

All in trades but Madame and Unwritten.

Evan

Last edited:

It's a shame Amanda, Jimmy and Justin are leaving PG, it's been a good run. I'm in for a few issues with Winick just cause I genuinely like PG. The artist is a new up and comer by the name of Sami Basri, here's a sample

pglcv13.jpg

And here's the cover to Zatanna #1 by Stephane Roux in case you haven't seen it

coverzatanna1.jpg

I've never been a huge fan of the legion mostly to it's convoluted history but I'll give a few issues a try just to read Paul Levitz. I really hope they continue with the ring Promo though for this series, as in my mind it's a no brainer, we got all the GL spectrum rings, we are getting the White Lantern ring and the Flash ring, so why not a Legion Ring?

I would have stuck with Powergirl as long as the trio stayed but Amanda said long ago that she was only willing to do about 12 issues. Comic money is tough to come by so something has to give and I read a lot of comics and books, so if it's a writer/artist I'm not really keen on...

They have some interior art for Zatanna posted as well as the cover to #2, looks good so far, I hope Dini is up for this, he can be hit and miss, but I figure with Zatanna really being his wife, he should hit a homerun with this.

Legion was a favorite of mine back in the early 80's along with Teen Titans, so kinda hoping it brings back some fond memories with Paul Levitz, I really have not been following the Legion stories in Adventure Comics much so have really no idea which Legion Paul will be using, going in with faith on this one.

I may pick up the Secret Six trade, I enjoy Gail's writing but really don't want to add to much, I read quite a few indie's and it all adds up.

Evan

Thats a nice Amadna Conner sketch, I've talked to her a few times at SDDC but that is not the place to get sketches :( she is very nice and really has become a good artist. I wonder if she will be doing any DC upcoming.

I really enjoyed Dini's run on Detective for the most part it was one and done issues which is always nice but I didn't fare as well with Countdown,which was a mess and probably had a lot to do with editorial direction. I've skipped both of his newer series but hoping his Zatanna is up to par.

I'm looking forward to JMS on Wonder Woman, his Thor run was one of the very few Marvel runs I've read in the past 15 years. I will miss Gail though but Birds of Prey was a great read with her at the helm, so I'm looking forward to that.

Evan

Absolutely it is ;)

51hmcrpul5lss500.jpg

I got this a few days ago and it's beautiful stuff, there's some images that I hadn't seen before, definitely pick this up if your any kind of Ross fan or amazing art!

I'm one of those who enjoy Alex Ross but can only take so much of him... he is truly a silver age guy who really has no desire to deal with a lot of the newer DC characters. I like most of his art but he has some real hit and misses with female characters.

I'd agree though that the Absolute edition for Kingdom Come is well worth it.

Evan

Hadn't planned on picking up Flash 1&2 but did anyway and it's a pretty good read so far. Haven't been a fan of the Flash since comics prior to Crisis on Infinite Earth.... always had a soft spot for Barry Allen.

Brightest Day has been pretty much what it said it would be, very interested to see where Deadman is headed, plus I'm excited to have the Hawk's back.

BOP was the usual job from Gail Simone....fantastic, she really can write the heck out of those girls and the addition of Hawk and Dove looks promising. Now to figure out who is White Canary!

Dropped Detective since Rucka is gone and going to add Zatanna and LOSH. Most likely will wait for trade for the Return of Bruce Wayne. Also dropping Powergirl once Palmotti/Grey and Conner leave.

Evan

Ross' absolute Justice, got that book recently, too. Amazon from 20 + shipping. kinda thought that his process is fascinating. makes me want to go back to do some sketches.

I just read through Death in the Family ans Under The Red Hood Part 1 and 2 there making a movie about the story cant wait...

Hadn't planned on picking up Flash 1&2 but did anyway and it's a pretty good read so far. Haven't been a fan of the Flash since comics prior to Crisis on Infinite Earth.... always had a soft spot for Barry Allen.

Brightest Day has been pretty much what it said it would be, very interested to see where Deadman is headed, plus I'm excited to have the Hawk's back.

BOP was the usual job from Gail Simone....fantastic, she really can write the heck out of those girls and the addition of Hawk and Dove looks promising. Now to figure out who is White Canary!

Dropped Detective since Rucka is gone and going to add Zatanna and LOSH. Most likely will wait for trade for the Return of Bruce Wayne. Also dropping Powergirl once Palmotti/Grey and Conner leave.

Evan

I think I might be dropping PG too, I'll give it a few issues but I don't think it'll be as good as the Palmiotti/Grey/Conner run but we'll see. Over in TEC', I'm glad Batman is back in the drivers seat now that Batwoman will be getting her own ongoing.

Back