What Are the Hot Toys Holy Grail Figures??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidmustang89

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm looking at obtaining the holy grail hot toys figures and i was wondering what is considered to be on this exclusive list.

if i was going to put together a list the main ones i would have to have on there are:
Blade
Hellboy
300 Leonitus

if you guys can think of anything else please share and let me know why.

thanks!!

This again :lol

Godfather has to be on that list, maybe Harvey Dent, T-1000 etc. But are you talking about 'grails' that are not necessarily the same for every collector, or simply figures whose aftermarket value is through the roof? I don't give a toss about Blade or Hellboy or Leonidas.

well honestly out off all the figures i have ever owned and I'm in the hundreds of owned, not currently have but have owned,sold and traded, blade was my favorite.

he came with tons of accessories and looked awesome in hand

Like has been said already, the holy grail depends on what you like.

Ones I hear batted around as being great (excluding yours) are:

Jack Sparrow (DX). Simply because he is beautifully done. Really nice costuming. Haven't seen one myself personally but am expecting one shortly. The DX version comes with the ship's wheel which allows some nice poses.

Wolverine Origins. This one I do have. The likeness is excellent. Not many accessories but when you're self healing and have big ol' blades that pop out of your hands I guess you don't need much else! On this figure I love the jacket and the metal blades. Face sculpt is done well too!

DX11 Joker. Loads of accessories, great head sculpt and tailoring is pretty good. Had one in the past but sold it. Have one coming back to me shortly. This is the figure everyone seems to want. The DX01 is also popular but the shirt and tie aren't great on that. But the grenades are a great touch! Batman DX12 is really nicely done as is Selena Kyle.

Yeah, kind of hard to have a structured conversation if we're just coming up with our own definitions of "grail." If you're going with the most "quality" figures, with great likenesses and reasonably accurate details, that are fairly iconic (not necessarily the most highly desired):

-DX Jack Sparrow (I don't own him as I don't care for the character or films, but probably the best Hot Toys figure I've seen)
-the Godfather (HT put out a real effort to do him as right as they could at the time. Sculpt, clothing, accessories, presentation, and source film are all top notch)
-Chris Reeve Superman (the movie super hero done very well)
-DX-12 Batman (best HT Batman figure I think, few QC problems, Nolan films are pretty culturally important at this point)
-Beat It Michael Jackson exclusive (best MJ sculpt released, everything is top notch. A bit under-appreciated because of the nature of HT collectors I think)
-MMS 136 Terminator (my one pet choice because of love of the film--the best Terminator figure released thus far IMO)

There are other very nice figures like various Iron Men (minus Stark sculpts), DX-11 Joker (though sculpts are a bit wonky), some of the Predators, and of course the less than iconic character that gets a homerun release like mime Joker or "Mandarin." Marty McFly has the potential to get on this list, but we'll see how the production figure comes out.

I never really thought about Jack sparrow but now that you mention it he is a really good figure, and I do have him already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTT

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean. Made in very limited numbers, so the cost is never less than about £700. I've seen it as high as £1500. Apart from it's rarity, i don't really think much of the figure. The clothing is nothing special and the headsculpt has an odd expression.

Yeah, I had that one. It exploded in value after his death, but sculpt isn't great, and it's from a later point in MJ's life. Well past his prime.

indiana jones, should be numbah one.

that figure has defied its odds as a peg/shelf warmer.

Marlon Brando Jor El
Blade
Davy Jones
Hell Boy
IM MK 4 secret project
Wolverine Origins
Leonidas
MJ Bad
DX06
Alien Big chap
T1000
DX13
Whiplash
DX08 and DX09

In terms of sheer after-market value both Resident Evil 4 Leon's, and both Resident Evil 5 Wesker figures have managed to balloon impressively in value over the years.

Back