What are the best sculpts ruined by bad factory paint jobs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooper

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I've been enjoying repainting a few figures recently and was hoping to come across a few more figures that were sculpted well but ruined by a cheap paint job. I have already reworked Jabba and Bib Fortuna so I'm hoping to find a few others besides them.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, I was also thinking about the various SSC Grove sculpts we've seen. Arguably the best 1/6 scale sculptor in the industry, rarely given a production product worthy of his skills.

Thanks guys. I'd almost be afraid to track down old Ben and palpatine because I assume hot toys will do them both.

Ben, very possible. Palpatine? Not so sure. HT tends to stick to the heaviest of the heavy hitters. Maybe after they pump out 4 or 5 Vader variants.

I think the unpainted ACI Aragorn looks great but drastically changes once it's painted

The SSC Aragorn paint isn't too good. I think that's another Grove sculpt.

ACI one is kinda creepy. And they never show a clear, straightforward shot of his head.

I don't have full powers here

you need....

17A8wBe.gif

Every Alien and Predator product NECA has ever put out. If only Hot Toys would do some outsourcing with Kyle Windrix. We'd have DEFINITIVE figures.

The ones I can think of off the top of the head are the sideshow Shaun and Ed by Adam Beane and the Big Chief Sherlock and John by Trevor Grove.

Back