What are plans for collection after you die ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm already there. The thing is, I started collecting 1/6 figures in my early 20s... and now that I'm in my early 30s (a decade older), I feel like I've grown out of that stage of my life. Don't get me wrong, I still like figures. But, my interests have become more diversified over the years. Collecting just isn't one of my priorities anymore.

I don't know how many years it's been since I actually bought a figure. I got Batman and Joker for free from SSC with Reward Points, and I have absolutely nothing on pre-order right now. That doesn't only include 1/6 figs, but smaller figures as well.

Last edited:
This Hobby and toys and dio's to effects just keep getting better n better imo. When first started collecting was bummed missed few grails for me like Emperor n throne sideshow Vader jabba's throne. AS keep collecting they circle back get rereleased over time. I'm glad we get 2.0 rerelease's and 1/6 hobby getting back into horror which is greatly ignored imo. I'm not done or near done collecting i love waking up to a great collection of favorite icon's i grew up with. I dont even need to watch the films just the props statues whatnot bring great joy and happy to leave behind a great collection for other's to appreciate the same love from movie's tv comic's. Love the hobby and art & story behind all of it. Keep on collecting to leave behind Greatness!!!

Gordon : "There are 2 things that are certain in life , O'Hara !"

O'Hara : "Death and taxes , sir ?"

Gordon : "No.........Batman and Robin !"

:p

on the fbi watchlist are you?

Stop projecting your sick fantasies man.... are you in love with me or something? dont be weird

I have a pretty decent penthouse collection i wouldnt want going in the trash

Last edited:
Will you guys leave tips on q.c issue's like medicom figs are crap dont touch or turn to dust like us in the grave lol. Keep figs away from direct light and this figs a custom its not to be posed much ? I def will leave post its lol on certain items. Keep in case just appreciate these are fragile my friends or be prepared for surgery in 1/6 doll world lol.:lol

I feel like once i get past a certain age these things wont matter to me as much as they do and i will have sold 90% of it to put toward something else i love just as much. Id keep the stuff i could never replace until i get close to death, then sell it and give the money to someone who deserved it in my will. By then id have a real healthy retirement and plenty of money saved anyway, so it would just be additional to that money.

This is totally true.

I sold my almost compete mint vintage SW collection a few years back.

It’s sat in the attic, no one saw it, had no where to display the hundreds of vehicles and figures....

Sold them and went to Japan for 2 weeks, and Disney World for a week with the family.

At least 1/6 I have a nice set of display cases that people can see....

Someday, these may go, to pay for my nursing home...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My best friend is assistant manager of a comics shop. We've already talked about her taking on any pets I might have. My plan is to leave her my collection so she has money to care for them, and she'll know what has value and how best to find new homes for my stuff.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I love to give gifts to those who appreciate it. The challenge would be finding those who are worthy to receive what I value so much. I think this is also what makes collecting even more special because you can share your passion and pass on a part of yourself to those who are most meaningful in your life.

I love to give gifts to those who appreciate it. The challenge would be finding those who are worthy to receive what I value so much. I think this is also what makes collecting even more special because you can share your passion and pass on a part of yourself to those who are most meaningful in your life.
:lecture Exactly i'd rep if could Harley.:duff

Back