WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- SARAH JANE NOW AVAILABLE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Doctor Who (Second revision S18 Tom Baker head pic)

I just finished up my Revenge of the Cybermen outfit for Sarah and that made me wonder if there is news about any of the head sculpts yet.

Here's the printed out Sarah Jane head on the right. Thoughts?

sarah_comp.jpg

For some reason I'm not seeing the likeness in the actual cast, but the top digital render is spot-on. Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me, I don't know. :dunno Wish we could see it painted.

For some reason I'm not seeing the likeness in the actual cast, but the top digital render is spot-on. Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me, I don't know. :dunno
Wish we could see it painted.

For me, getting it painted costs $100+ from Silent Surfer after I pay to get it cast. I can just tell you know it's not right. Now, there is not supposed to be any distortion at all in printing, so we need to look at the file on Sarah and see what's going on, because that original sculpt Chu made is absolutely wonderful.

The Brig (By Bruno) looks spot on but I felt the side of his head needed to be size corrected more to look normal and so he is at the printers now with our Flash Gordon accessories, and the Bobby and Sam heads from Supernatural.

The Flash boot-foot is the same boot foot we are using for the Tom boots, made for the material to fit over.

flashbootcopy.jpg

flashboot2copy.jpg

I love your work on classic Who, it's really quite remarkable. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but have you made a David Tennant? I'd be all over that, and there isn't a really great official tenth doctor anyway.

For me, getting it painted costs $100+ from Silent Surfer after I pay to get it cast. I can just tell you know it's not right. Now, there is not supposed to be any distortion at all in printing, so we need to look at the file on Sarah and see what's going on, because that original sculpt Chu made is absolutely wonderful.
[/IMG]

Well, that's certainly disappointing. How much of a setback do you think this will be? Not that I'm anxious to get her or anything. :rolleyes: Totally appreciate you making sure things are right, though. :D

I love your work on classic Who, it's really quite remarkable. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but have you made a David Tennant? I'd be all over that, and there isn't a really great official tenth doctor anyway.

Thanks for the compliments. I think our buddies at Big Chief are making an official 1:6 Tennant and Weeping Angel next once their Doc 11 stuff comes out. As a studio WGP would rather just hop between different Classic eras and do some nice mini sets right now.

Well, that's certainly disappointing. How much of a setback do you think this will be? Not that I'm anxious to get her or anything. :rolleyes: Totally appreciate you making sure things are right, though. :D

We've been looking into the reasons why this might be suddenly happening, so hopefully soon!
-Rick :)

The sculpt looks pretty accurate to me, the lighting just will never look the same on a matt cast verses a shiny cg model. It just needs to be painted along the lines of the CG render to bring out certain areas.

How about a John Barrowman? You know, from his work on Torch...uh...Desperate Housewives

I think, and it may only be a trick of the light, that it is the nose throwing off the likeness. In the render, the bridge down to the tip are very narrow. It looks like in the print, the narrowness isn't there so it makes her nose look a lot, lot wider than it should be. Everything else looks the same to me proportionally between the render and the print out.

I appreciate every bodies input and thoughts. it's one of those things that keeps the forum so enjoyable. Everyone has interesting points. Here are a few more pictures to help form your opinions on the print. :)

sarah_comp-1.jpg

Kinda looks like Jo below at this angle. Odd.
sj025.jpg

sj024.jpg

How about a John Barrowman? You know, from his work on Torch...uh...Desperate Housewives

We do have a Capt Jack on our books from a fan interest list we had done before our schedules got self-filled. He will be happening this year. That particular artist it was assigned to just got busy with his regular job and needs to finish up our Classic Battlestar Galactica Boomer before he starts him. :)

I appreciate every bodies input and thoughts. it's one of those things that keeps the forum so enjoyable. Everyone has interesting points. Here are a few more pictures to help form your opinions on the print. :)

sarah_comp-1.jpg

Kinda looks like Jo below at this angle. Odd.
sj025.jpg

sj024.jpg

In the new pics, I can see more of the shape of the nose that I couldn't see in the original pics. After comparing them with pictures of Lis as Sarah, it looks like it could be spot on. I think one thing that's throwing things off for me is the lips. The shape in the cast is fainter than in the render. Of course, that's an easy fix with paint. Without paint, it's tough to tell where the flaws are (if there are any). A flesh base coat would help bring out the features enough to give a better idea of the accuracy. But at $100, that is high; totally understand that. If I were anywhere near you I'd offer to come over and help out. Personally, I think you should do what you think is best.

Romana's outfit is beautiful, can't wait to see one on the figure!

Put me down, provisionally at least :) for an Ainley. Since he does fit with so many of the Doctors, it's hard _not_ to want one.

And a K-9, too, please. Good grief, between WGP and Big Chief I'd better be putting in some extra hours at work the next few months. :D

I think the Sarah Jane head looks decent, but if you feel a further tweak is needed before you're happy with it then do so by all means.

The boot feet are looking good as well!

END OF APRIL UPDATES

Here are random updates on different things:

S18 Tom head- Chu's head was completed and turned in, but because I am super picky about Doctor Who I wanted Toms curly hair tweaked a bit. Then Chu got busy at work and hasn't been able to touch it for a few months so it has been delayed.

On the opposite end, I haven't heard from Billy B for a while to get an update on his and Sarahs costumes. Hopefully soon.

I did get an update from the S18 Scarf Knitter Obsolete Man found and she said the S18 scarf proto would be getting sent to me this week.

Right now WGP is has a huge order at the printers including the Sarah, Brig, and Romana reprints (made a touch smaller).

Romana will prob be the first costumes figure out from us based on that, hopefully with her little robot companion. :)

Here are the finished pics of the S18 Tom before any changes to the hair has been done. Are we fine with it as-is?

ZGrab01.jpg

ZGrab04.jpg

ZGrab05.jpg

ZGrab02.jpg

ZGrab03.jpg

Last edited:

Tom's looking great, no complaints on the hair at all!

Coolio. Thanks, gang. We will be sending Tom in with the current order then. :)

Back