WGP PHANTASM commission thread 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Phans,
Just got the first painted pics of Tall Man sent to me by Marvel Comics artist Salvador Larroca and wanted to share. Things are moving now. The boots should be printed this week, the final part we are waiting on!

TallMan1_zps97903b94.jpg

TallMan2_zps78534b2b.jpg

TallMan3_zps8eba9220.jpg

APRIL 2013 STATUS UPDATE-

It's been a long road for the Tall Man. All we are waiting on our end is the shoes to be reprinted larger and to get a painted prototype back from Salvador Larroca then we will have all the parts to take photos and start production. I would like him to be released this July. Keep watching for more updates, booooooooooooy!

Our deluxe figure will be come with two new sphere holding hands, lifter boots, tailored narrow suit like the original was, and the Sphere in two versions, with drill-bit with bladed extended and without the drill-bit bladed extended!

PHANTASMBANNER.jpg

DSCF7610.jpg

DSCF7536.jpg

DSCF7533.jpg

Tall-Man-4.gif

We will also be making the "Reg-man", Reggie Bannisters head, prob from P2 so he doesn't look so young or too old. No costume is planned since a flannel shirt can be found in stores.

Pimpin_Reggie_Bannister.jpg

and lastly I want to do a 15 year old Michael head too.

michaelbaldwin-1.jpg

Taking interest lists on all!

Interest list:

TALL MAN
1)PapitoMX
2)hotslayer73
3)Full Art Alchemist
4)Ironman1188
5)Betomatali
6)TwistedShadow50
7)Morbach
8)MMMMbrains
9)jasonv808
10)xenofreak
11)2000man
12)Domino
13)crueshopofhorrors (& Victim)
14)Obsolete Man
15)Mookeylama
16)Riddick
17)MrRabba
18)pzuzu
19)xphilx
20)hhh212329
22)Painter x
23)Mightyq
24)Moe (head and *****)
25)pcleemake
26)Jeronimo
27)deathwaltz
28)Vic Zito
29)levit05
30)The Danger

REGGIE
1)Obsolete Man
2)crueshopofhorrors
3)Domino
4)Full Art Alchemist
5)Morbach
6)Betomatalli
7)PapitoMX
8)MrRabba
9)Ironman1188

MICHAEL
1)Obsolete Man
2)RIDDICK
3)crueshopofhorrors
4)Ironman1188 (depending on body)
5)PapitoMX

Last edited:
Re: Phantasm commission thread

OLD commission--- defunct

Best-phantasm-image.gif

michaelbaldwin.gif

Alright, I figure there's no chance in hell of ever getting 1:6th Phantasm figures and this movie is one of all time favorites, so having found a sculptor I really like from China who did an awesome Hitchcock and Bill Bixby, I'm going to have them commissioned. For this first round, I want to commission a Tall Man and a Micheal Pearson (13 year old version from first movie).

I'm here hoping to scrounge up enough people to do them as a group order/commission together and save money. As usual, the more people who order, the cheaper the overall cost will be. I am offering the characters seperately since I'm sure there will be more people just interested in getting the Tall Man. After I get a list of interested people I can have an idea of how low the final cost will be.

One area of discussion here though needs to be what kind of bodies would be best to make them for. I had always planned on getting the Tall Man made for a Kanamit 14" SS Twilight Zone body, but since this is a group order, that may be unpopular since that body is expensive now, and you can't exactly order 14" clothes anywhere. So would people want him as a 12" or have other suggestions?

I plan to have the Tall Man made to look like the photo above from the first movie: right eye squinting and jaw set with lower teeth protruding, with the trademark bell haircut he had by the end of the movie. (The movie was filmed over a year, and it was shorter in the beginning).

Then for Michael, the choice is what to use for a 1:6 13 year-old?
A Sideshow OZ body? A DID Hermann Weber body (which I think would be too small, but have never seen loose next to another 1:6 figure). (size comparison pics below)

More Pics:
phantasm3f3wr-1.jpg

TM_quote.jpg

noitsnot.jpg

jodyreggieandmikefindmanysecretsint.jpg

phantasm_shot2l.jpg

Phantasm List (Tall Man and Michael)

SSF

WSToupee (both)
uscmhicks (Tall Man)
Blake (Tall Man)
Mookeylama (both)
Kabukiman (Tall Man)
2000man (both)
migwit (Tall Man)

OSW
russcal (both)
Spyder (Tall Man)

Outpost Gallifrey
morethanatimelord (Tall Man)

Last edited:

I would be interested but right now for the next few weeks I am all out of cash !.:lol
Since he isn't much of a complicated character visually once the sculpt is made it wouldn't be hard to finish this off. I would only want to go ahead with this though only if a few more people were interested. :rolleyes:

I am all over the Tall Man, provided the price point is not crazy.

oooh! i'd be interested!! i'm assuming you're getting Ada to do the sculpts? i thought she was busy doing a Ripley commission but she's so talented i guess she can do both lol. i love her work! trying to talk her into doing a Milla Jovovich w/o hair so we can use 1/6th wigs.

i'd say that DID bod would be good for Mike. Medicom supposedly make some 220 bods that're kids but i've never seen one except 1 pic. OZ would be too big and muscular. it's basically a reg Buck w/ shorter arms/legs.
Kanamit or the Dragon USC football player might be good for Scrimm. moreso than Mike, i'd prolly be up for Reggie

anyway, like u said, the clothes for Tall Man would be tough if taller than 12", but i wouldn't want him 12". maybe we could get someone to make them in a group buy. simple black suits in 14". Project Are i think take special orders sometimes. Shawn at Sovereign might. dunno.
i know there are 16" fashion type dolls, maybe there are males in suits that we could tailor down.

Last edited:

I would be interested but right now for the next few weeks I am all out of cash !.:lol:

Exactly the same situation here. Give me a week or so and then we'll talk. :rock

This is probably my #1 never produced 1/6 horror fig.

No worries gang. A few weeks to get fundage is a more than understandable length to wait, plus, it gives more time for people to see this thread, bringing the price down for all of us. :) With just the people expressing interest here the price really shouldn't be so bad.

Mookey, thanks for all your great thoughts and suggestions. Yup, its Ada!
You got Milla going on? Cool!

Another vote for a taller Tall Man body! I think Project ARE is a great suggestion, too, actually. I already have my Kanamit 14" SS Twilight Zone body, so I'm a little biased toward wanting to use it (laugh). Let's hear the rest of you weight in on body preference though.

Since money is always an issue, like the way we are all scrambling to get cash just for the heads maybe instead of a giant group order for the clothes I can just contact them and see if they would be willing to do it at a larger size, then we can all just order from them individually as we have the money?

Sweet!

Cool. And here's a pic of the Kanamit 14" SS Twilight Zone body nekkid, just so everyone can see what we're talking about. His right hand is in a great molded pose to hold a sphere. He's got goofy looking joint extentions, but those will be covered up by his suit. His boots are molded on with no feet articulation, but I saw that as an acceptable loss, otherwise it would be near impossible to get shoes for him at that size.

The Dragon body would have more articulation though.

seanaliens007.jpg

Also FYI on price, I see 2 Kanamits on Ebay right now as buy-it-nows. One is for $35, the other is for $37.

wow. i was always told this USC guy was quite a bit tallerthan most , but he's not. maybe a 1/2" taller than normal Dragon and 1/8-1/4" taller than normal SS. i hadn't displayed him yet so just went w/ what i'd heard. Kanamit is much taller.

Hmmmm, So are we paying for a head? or a whole body with clothes? I'd be interested in a whole figure but I'm not sure what we're talking here.

We're talking just the head, but discussing what body we'd want to use in case it makes a difference to the head size (particularly in Michaels case), and clothing options just cause we're all making the same custom.

FYI: I just heard back from PROJECT ARE who say they don't have the time in their schedule to make any non 12" patterns. :(

In post #2 I started a running list of everyone who is interested and for which characters. Some posts I was unclear if some people just wanted the Tall man or both TM and Michael, so just correct me if I misundertood!

Last edited:

Hmmmm, So are we paying for a head? or a whole body with clothes? I'd be interested in a whole figure but I'm not sure what we're talking here.

Even if it was just the thread I'm sure we could open another thread to help each other out on building the ultimate figure.
They brought out four of these movies right ?

Yeah, four movies. The UK had a GORGEOUS DVD set inside a Sentinel sphere replica that held the discs inside it I ordered that I love (that I bought a multi-region DVD player for). Part 2 is not in current DVD release in America right now due to rights issues.

Since then. There has been a few talks of re-starting the franchise over as a new trilogy which fell through, and the Holy Grail of news is a part 5 written by Roger (Pulp Fiction) Avery called Phantasm 2012 A.D. that keeps getting put off because they can't get the funding.

Yeah I knew I had them all somewhere , I found it before.
I have this box set with like a 3d cover , I got this for a tenner !.( about $20.00 )
PHANTASM.jpg

The sphere one is awesome as well !. :rock
3.jpg

i tried contacting a 1/6 seamstress. waiting on reply. does anyone have any good pics of Tall Man in his suit? having trouble finding good pics of the suit. best i can find is of the NECA fig lol.

It's just an ordinary suit, really, that to make Angus seem even taller they tailored it with shorter sleeves. Personally, I don't see that in the top picture here. Here's some ref I have saved from my comp. :)

p1_0005_p13.jpg

item5a.gif

Yeah, four movies. The UK had a GORGEOUS DVD set inside a Sentinel sphere replica that held the discs inside it I ordered that I love (that I bought a multi-region DVD player for). Part 2 is not in current DVD release in America right now due to rights issues.

Since then. There has been a few talks of re-starting the franchise over as a new trilogy which fell through, and the Holy Grail of news is a part 5 written by Roger (Pulp Fiction) Avery called Phantasm 2012 A.D. that keeps getting put off because they can't get the funding.

Angus Scrimm isn't getting any younger either. They better hurry up and make this, plus Scrimm said he has signifigantly shrunk since the earlier films.

Back