wf08 medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for someone who might be able to answer (likely Tendou-Kabuto)...

Why is Medicom ALL over all the Masked Rider stuff? They seem to release new stuff on a regular basis.

You know how you guys get all crazy over Star Wars, Marvel and DC stuff here?? Well in Japan Kamen Rider is a HUGE franchise comparable in status to those things I just mentioned. Medicom is not the only company popping out KR stuff, Bandai releases TONS of it too.

Kamen Rider, Godzilla, Gundam, Sentai and Ultraman are the franchises that pretty much support the action figure backbone in Japan. Of course there are other big things but those 5 are the BIG 5

You know how you guys get all crazy over Star Wars, Marvel and DC stuff here?? Well in Japan Kamen Rider is a HUGE franchise comparable in status to those things I just mentioned. Medicom is not the only company popping out KR stuff, Bandai releases TONS of it too.

Kamen Rider, Godzilla, Gundam, Sentai and Ultraman are the franchises that pretty much support the action figure backbone in Japan. Of course there are other big things but those 5 are the BIG 5

exactly. if i'd have to point to medi's main line it would be the riders. a lot of westerners just dont realize how much great stuff medicom puts out with the riders. their armor and suits are just amazing. Granted there isnt as many people interested in them but you cant doubt that they are amazing looking figures.

All most people know are medicom's marvel and star wars stuff which imo isnt even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to awesome figures.

exactly. if i'd have to point to medi's main line it would be the riders. a lot of westerners just dont realize how much great stuff medicom puts out with the riders. their armor and suits are just amazing. Granted there isnt as many people interested in them but you cant doubt that they are amazing looking figures.

All most people know are medicom's marvel and star wars stuff which imo isnt even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to awesome figures.

Medicom's rider Human forms are great as well, not just the riders. Granted most Asian stars are pretty boys so perhaps the more smooth look works better on them than on more rugged American guys. I think it's just Medicom trying to turn them all into hot looking bi shonens/seinens which I guess don't go so well for some ppl.

Last edited:
Medicom's rider Human forms are great as well, not just the riders. Granted most Asian stars are pretty boys so perhaps the more smooth look works better on them than on more rugged American guys. I think it's just Medicom trying to turn them all into hot looking bi shonens/seinens which I guess don't go so well for some ppl.

masked rider are medi's main line for sure, they have made so many old rider 1 by now, the best part is with each new release they improve the figure as well. The latest old rider 1 v3.0 is no exception, the tailoring with the new materials used is just so much better.

yeah, their lion maru and tiger joe figures from last year are amazing. I really wish these 2 and the liontiger guy were made available in the US.

Hey Tenduo, since you seem to have Medicom's ear... any chance they will ever release 1/6 Kinnikuman figures? I'm just waiting for someone to make that action figure dream come true, and with classics like FOTNS coming seems like Kinnikuman might have a chance.

Hey Tenduo, since you seem to have Medicom's ear... any chance they will ever release 1/6 Kinnikuman figures? I'm just waiting for someone to make that action figure dream come true, and with classics like FOTNS coming seems like Kinnikuman might have a chance.

There are actually many ppl who want Kinnikuman RAH and inquire about it. And since it's kinda going through a revivial of sorts right now with many other 80's anime it would only seem natural. The Medicom guys I've spoke to are all fans of it so perhaps RAH are not far away.

There are actually many ppl who want Kinnikuman RAH and inquire about it. And since it's kinda going through a revivial of sorts right now with many other 80's anime it would only seem natural. The Medicom guys I've spoke to are all fans of it so perhaps RAH are not far away.

Man, I hope that will happen! Kinnikuman (M.U.S.C.L.E in the US) is right at the top of my collectibles! While not a large fanbase here, I'm still sure you would see a fair amount of US buyers for them! I know I'd buy any and all releases, well at least for the classics... not as big a fan of the Second Generation stuff.

That Kenshiro is really cool and looks pretty tall too. I'm really wanting to get in the DBZ series, especially if Vegeta, Piccolo and future Trunks are in the mix. Vegeta was always my favorite!!!

I'm curious to now, where does the "Americanized" Masked Rider fit into the mix? Obviously like Power Rangers it was built around already existing Japanese footage, but I'd be curious in knowing more about this and whther medi has a figure from it or not.

As I recall he looked really similar to this, save for a green torso or something like that.

dscf6946dw3.jpg

That Kenshiro is really cool and looks pretty tall too. I'm really wanting to get in the DBZ series, especially if Vegeta, Piccolo and future Trunks are in the mix. Vegeta was always my favorite!!!

I'm curious to now, where does the "Americanized" Masked Rider fit into the mix? Obviously like Power Rangers it was built around already existing Japanese footage, but I'd be curious in knowing more about this and whther medi has a figure from it or not.

As I recall he looked really similar to this, save for a green torso or something like that.

dscf6946dw3.jpg

The one you're referring to is Black RX. That's the series immedietly after Black (same character just with a... radically different tone). That's the one that Saban brought over back in the 90's. The Saban U.S. rider is it's own thing (where the kid was an alien prince or something) and other than a brief stint of the Kamen Rider Black series on Adult Swim (yep) there hasn't been much Rider on these western shores in general.

rx.jpg

There is an old Medicom of this one out already. Actually there are medicoms of many of the riders now but are going through a DX version 2 (and at times version 3) phase. What makes people excited about the Black figure is that the original Kamen Rider Black was only a Wonderfest exclusive from years ago (maybe 2000 or 2001. Long time ago is the point) and that this is the first standard release of Black. This is a dream peice for me, hell that might be one-sixth of the year for me.

Yeah... sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong country... I love Star Wars and Batman, but I am obsessed with Kamen Rider, Ultraman and the various Sentai series...

By the way, anyone know whatever happened to the Kouga (from Garo) figure that they showed like two years ago??

Mother of god that sculpt on the orange Ultraman related figure is scary good!
It looks like a little guy among some figures! Simply amazing.
I'm soooo glad I'm not that big a fan of Japanes series!

Looks like the texture didn't make it... still looks really nice though.

But this is the one I'm stoked about, Kenshiro looks awesome :rock

m22mr5.jpg

Pics of this figure has my jumping for joy. Lately I have been like Bob in the Enzyte commercials because of the production of my favorite anime/manga Dragonball by Medicom.

From what they are saying the Kenshiro figure will be around 13". That sounds great, Kenshiro always seemed larger than life to me, even when he was fighting giants in the wastelands.
I loved Kamen Rider, I was even a big fan of the Saban Masked Rider series in the 90's. Excto-phase ACTIVATE!!!

Nice, I didn't know that! I'm actually glad I held off on the older 8" series. I always was interested in them, but never felt like playing catch-up. Also, I always hoped we'd get a kickass 1/6 version... and now it looks like that reality is just a month or two away :rock

Back