Weta's The Hobbit statues at SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrodoEyes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can't believe there isn't a thread for this yet!

Feel free to upload photos, these look amazing!

The Gandalf looks like the best GTG statue out there.... better than the original SSW version, better than the super-hero comic maquette, and as awesome as the PF is, i prefer sculpted, realistic-looking clothing on a statue.....

..... and the likenesses! Weta really seem to have upped their game in this department. All the statues look like the actors. Gandalf, Bilbo, Thorin, Balin, Dwalin..... amazing. I'm so happy! I'll buy all of these for sure.

Also loving the life-size GTG, Thorin and 3 trolls! :hi5:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/theoneringnet/page4/

Gandalf does look great. I just don't know how many of these I could commit to though. If I could manage it I would be happy with GTG, Thorin, Bilbo and Dwalin (who looks cool as hell).

I was lukewarm on Thorin but the others I love. These have me more committed. Poor old Bilbo though is in Pippin pose which I don't care for.

They look great. Does someone want to start a thread for each statue? That way nothing gets lost.

I hope so. You almost got me banned for eternity for starting all those threads. :lol

How can you get banned for starting threads for new products? If these came out over the space of a year and a thread was posted for each, no-one would say anything.

Shame on Gaga for asking for you to be banned, and shame on the mods if they considered it :lecture

How can you get banned for starting threads for new products? If these came out over the space of a year and a thread was posted for each, no-one would say anything.

Shame on Gaga for asking for you to be banned, and shame on the mods if they considered it :lecture

No worries. :lol Shell just dropped me a friendly PM. I was just joking around about banishment and I'm sure Gag was too..............or was he.:rotfl

The only reason I made a thread for all thirteen dwarves was because I was under the impression that they were all at Weta's booth at SDCC.:slap

Last edited:

No worries. :lol Shell just dropped me a friendly PM. I was just joking around about banishment and I'm sure Gag was too..............or was he.:rotfl

The only reason I made a thread for all thirteen dwarves was because I was under the impression that they were all at Weta's booth at SDCC.:slap

look at the power I have, bringing frodo and nazgul together.

Back