Statue Weta's Strider Mini-Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice little statue. It is a lot smaller than I was expecting. Then again I didn't quite know what I was expecting :lol

Strider001lr_zps8f3c6100.jpg

Strider002_zps0223420f.jpg

Strider004_zpse8bb8e47.jpg

Strider005lr_zpsd7b432ca.jpg

Strider006_zps841ae76a.jpg

Strider007_zpsfb25f696.jpg

Strider008_zpsc298af6e.jpg

Strider009_zpsb792ba01.jpg

Strider010_zps3666ebf2.jpg

Yeah, I got mine as well. It's really very nice and I love this scene. So it's nice to finally have a piece of that in the collection. The likeness is pretty good as well.

The likeness reminds me alittle of a sad David Duchovny.

What's the size like compared to their recent Gandalf and Gollum? I know the price on Aragorn was alittle more ($5) than Gandalf, so I'm hoping Aragorn might be a bit larger.

He's roughly the same size but he comes with part of a bench which I think makes him cost a bit more.

If he's in scale with Gandalf, I'll get him. Then I'll have two guys just hanging out smoking pipes.

Wonder if Weta is going to continue with this line, given they have The Hobbit stuff and that LOTR Fellowship statue set.

He looks great with Gandalf. So I think you'll enjoy having this one.

I'm sure they will but they can take their time with it with all that going on.

If you're getting this let me know or post in the Weta tracker thread. Though its open ill add it to the list.

Nice pics Josh. Though the likeness isn't really Viggo's, a nice statue with an awesome pose & setting nonetheless. On the 3rd and 4th pics, I can't help but think he looks like Joshua Gomez (Morgan from Chuck)! :lol

Nice pics Josh. Though the likeness isn't really Viggo's, a nice statue with an awesome pose & setting nonetheless. On the 3rd and 4th pics, I can't help but think he looks like Joshua Gomez (Morgan from Chuck)! :lol

No problem. The likeness is solid and just as a moment I'm really glad to get this piece. Its such an iconic moment I think within the Trilogy.

After getting the Gandalf and seeing the detail in such a small piece I was going to get this piece but I'm all about the likeness to the actor. The Gandalf had an impressive likeness to Sir Ian Mckellen but I'm not seeing Viggo Mortensen in this Aragorn release at all. I agree with you guys this is a nice looking figurine but I'll probably leave this for now.

I'm in the same place. From far away it's just a guy in a cloak on a bench - the piece makes you want to look up close to see who it is. Then when you do look at the headsculpt, it's not so much Viggo and the paint is alittle weak. Dare I say, they kind of phoned this one in, compared to all the Hobbit statues they've done so far.

Oh! I don't know too much about that :dunno...to me it does have quite some charm :wink1:...I agree the likeness is not really there :(...but I love just about everything else about this little guy :love...I think I may just pick one up. :wink1:

:duff
Bill

The likeness is alright but it's a cool statue. It's more about the moment for me with this piece than anything else.

I'll be getting it at some point to display with the Prancing Pony environment. I think it'll work perfectly, and is just the right size to put next to the place where we first meet the character. It'll evoke memories of that classic meeting :)

Back