Statue Weta Workshop's Tom, Bert and William Troll Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My strategy has been to buy things on sale when they announce sales and to keep looking at eBay where any sellers on an open edition product will be hammered. For example, a gandalf sold for 100 dollars plus 45 shipping. So far I have Bilbo, Balin and Dwalin and think I paid 450 for the three of them, almost 300 off the retail price.

that's smart shopping!!!! :clap

No problem. They're pretty cool.
I should have Tom around the end of the week. I think they will be very cool to own.

These are the best bargains of Weta no doubt. $225 for all 3 trolls is excellent. Compare the 3 trolls together to the tiny $200 fellowship statues or even one regular $249 piece. You get value for your buck here. I just wish it was L/E. when Weta was making those Environments L/E of 500 secondary values went up like mad. These O/E's won't have any secondary market value towards the positive side. Still great pieces though and will photo real soon

Last edited:
I loved these as well. Walking into the Weta booth was just awesome as they had so many new products that we had not a shred of hints about. And to boot you could buy the first troll right then and there.

I loved these as well. Walking into the Weta booth was just awesome as they had so many new products that we had not a shred of hints about. And to boot you could buy the first troll right then and there.

I agree with ya 100%. These were just so very cool and them being open didn't bother me a bit. The sheer amount of new stuff this year was fantastic and why I kept walking their booth over and over.

The trolls are the best buy for the money...you get all 3 for $5 less than Balin. all 3 for $25 more than for one of tiny Fellowship pieces and only $10 more than a barrel rider piece...Size is not bad for price...Well done Weta...They made the Trolls more than affordable plus the weta dollars for all three would give you a free Hobbit hole(smial) plus change...again nice job by Weta...base is same size as barrel rider but you get a substantially bigger piece

Last edited:
I'm actually considering building a Diorama when getting all three trolls...can be easily done once I cut a piece of wood into a Rivendell sized base and put these on top...hmmmm

Back