Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orc from Morc what did you mean by this "First the surface has to be cleaned (degreased) from dust(fat)." Seems a new statue should be pretty clean.
Many new statues I get have a polystone dust on them, the factories don't bother to keep them in a clean area before packing.

Wow! The fire whip looks amazing! If you ever consider selling any, I'd be down. I like the sword, but think it looks much better with the whip.

Orc from Morc what did you mean by this "First the surface has to be cleaned (degreased) from dust(fat)." Seems a new statue should be pretty clean.

Also, I would be interested in a whip as well.

Thank you both for your interest concerning the whip for the Balrog statue.But i must say that the whip has to be handled with care and is only a little flexible.
I fear that the whip would not survive if people from the customs open the parcel and bend the whip to inspect what it is.I think that the risk of breakage is really too big.

@ cstojano
Sure most statues arrive clean,but when I opened the parcel I recognized that the Statue was very dusty.
I wrote,that I did a repaint on the Balrog.So here in the following pics you can see (perhaps) the reason why.
I shoot the pics a few minutes after unpacking and was very disappointed from the paintjob.
White splashes all over the Base - uncorrect painted skin scratches - a shimmer of blue smear all over the statue body - brown color painted uncorrect.
I´m perhaps "a little" too sensitive but that hasty done paintjob should not have passed Quality Control.

:wave:wave:wave

I'd be willing to take the risk! PM me and let's see if we can work something out! :hi5:

Orc, that looks terrible! Mine looks nothing like that, maybe I got lucky but mine has none of the things you pointed out in your photos. It's like someone completely different was painting your piece. I thought this type of discrepancy between pieces was more of a Sideshow thing. Now I know better.:(

Orc, that looks terrible! Mine looks nothing like that, maybe I got lucky but mine has none of the things you pointed out in your photos. It's like someone completely different was painting your piece. I thought this type of discrepancy between pieces was more of a Sideshow thing. Now I know better.:(

Yes 3Cube. That looked terrible.Fortunately I was able to correct the paintflaws.Otherwise I would have sent it back for a replacement.

Same here, got an Dispatch Notification e-mail from NZ Post. No e-mail from Weta yet. But I'm confident it's the Balrog because I am not waiting for any delivery from NZ other than this.

I live in USA. I have had zero packages opened by customs ever. Maybe just lucky. Don't know.

Same as what one of my USA friend told me, he has been in GK world for many years, he told me that everything he received, the customs never hold / open them. Love USA customs! I am jealous, LOL :)

Got my notice that Balrog my is in stock and now fully paid for! Just waiting on the shipping notice!

Got my notice that Balrog my is in stock and now fully paid for! Just waiting on the shipping notice!

Congrat man! Me still waiting for the email notification... i helped my friend to place an order and i should be getting an email notification this week...

Anyone else received email notification from Weta yet? Me and my friend's Balrog & Smaug are on second batch, but not yet received any notification from Weta so far.

I ended up cancelling the Balrog. It hurt since I ordered using the 15% discount code at Christmas but with it shipping the same time as Smaug I just didn't want to spend the money at this time since I just don't love it enough. I'm sure I'll regret this eventually.

I ended up cancelling the Balrog. It hurt since I ordered using the 15% discount code at Christmas but with it shipping the same time as Smaug I just didn't want to spend the money at this time since I just don't love it enough. I'm sure I'll regret this eventually.

That is a shame Fritz :1-1:, sorry to hear that :monkey2. Hopefully you will be able to pick him up again and who knows, if the time is right, maybe at a discount too. :ted

Back