Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just open mine, this statue is not black at all, he's a dark brown, don't understand why picture makes him black, I was worried about all pictures

From Weta: Due to HUGE demand, our March shipment is now sold out! Existing orders placed after 6 Nov 2014 ship in March. Orders placed after 1 March will start shipping in May.

Still waiting on mine, hopefully I am in the next shipment.

I got mine a week ago, everything in order and I had no problem sliding the statue in the base, awesome piece!

I got mine a week ago, everything in order and I had no problem sliding the statue in the base, awesome piece!
Were you part of the first batch? I canceled my first batch order to get the 10% off deal a few months back so got pushed to the second batch

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I ordered this on the first day of the second batch cut-off date. My card already got charged the full amount in early February. Weta says "existing orders placed after 6 Nov 2014 ship in March." It's the last day of March already and I haven't heard anything from Weta with regards to shipment. I contacted Weta twice about this but got no reply to date.

I ordered this on the first day of the second batch cut-off date. My card already got charged the full amount in early February. Weta says "existing orders placed after 6 Nov 2014 ship in March." It's the last day of March already and I haven't heard anything from Weta with regards to shipment. I contacted Weta twice about this but got no reply to date.

It got charged or just the pending authorization.

It got charged or just the pending authorization.

I got charged the full amount already last early February, and received the Order Summary/Invoice e-mail from Weta which means that payment went through. But my Weta account status is "Query". I have no idea what that means.

Contacted Megan of Weta again today and hopefully will receive a reply soon.

The same happened to me, this charge was made by mistake. I am also waiting to hear from Weta, I guess it got pushed to beginning of April, same as Smaug.

So I just got a reply from Megan of Weta and she said that the second shipment is running late. They are expecting it will arrive in the next week or so.

Thanks for the info man. I helped my friend pre-ordered one, was wondering why i didn't get any news / update on March.

Hi everybody
don`t know if it is the right place here,but I like to share some pics of my Balrog with you.
Unfortunately the statue had many paint flaws and so I did a repaint on it.
And a few weeks ago,I made a fire whip for the Balrog.It`s nearly 65 inches (1,67m) long.
Hope you like the pics.

:wave:wave:wave

Hi everybody
don`t know if it is the right place here,but I like to share some pics of my Balrog with you.
Unfortunately the statue had many paint flaws and so I did a repaint on it.
And a few weeks ago,I made a fire whip for the Balrog.It`s nearly 65 inches (1,67m) long.
Hope you like the pics.

:wave:wave:wave

Wow, really nice, what kind of paint did you use? And how did you paint it? Is it only touch up or repaint all of it? It's so well done. Can you specify the exact color also? I think I'll try the same as you.
And How many hours did you spend ?

Outstanding job again, bravo!

^ Wow, fantastic photos! Looks great!

Thank you very much BagginsOfBagEnd.

Wow, really nice, what kind of paint did you use? And how did you paint it? Is it only touch up or repaint all of it? It's so well done. Can you specify the exact color also? I think I'll try the same as you.
And How many hours did you spend ?

Outstanding job again, bravo!

Thanks joblain. I will try to answer.(Bad english)
For the painting I used Vallejo Model Color (Acrylic color).I repainted nearly every part of the statue with paint brushes.
First the surface has to be cleaned (degreased) from dust(fat).For that I used cotton swabs (Q-Tips) and Lighter Fuel or Spiritus.
Used mainly different colors of yellow,orange,red for the Flames and skin scratches (didn`t like the gold on the Flames very much)
Dark grey for parts of the wings,black/brown for the body.At last I used Acrylic Matte and Gloss Medium Varnish (makes the colors shine more brilliant
It`s hard to describe the exact painting process cause especially the Flames had made a lot of work until I liked my paintjob.
Think all in all I spend 25-30 hours with painting.It`s such a big and detailed statue and if you think you`re finished,you find more places which could be corrected.

Wow! The fire whip looks amazing! If you ever consider selling any, I'd be down. I like the sword, but think it looks much better with the whip.

Orc from Morc what did you mean by this "First the surface has to be cleaned (degreased) from dust(fat)." Seems a new statue should be pretty clean.

Also, I would be interested in a whip as well.

Back