Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not very impressed with this so far to be honest. The prototype looked miles better IMO. Thinking about cancelling...

Got mine this afternoon, 446/1500. No damage at all thank goodness.

The foot pins were a pain to install, the first five tries had me thinking no one tried to assemble the Balrog to the base at the factory.

I rethought the process and tried to get both pins to insert a little into the hole first and that seemed to work but only went in about half a cm.

I tried heating up the left leg with a hair dryer for a bout a minute and tried to apply a tiny bit to force down to both legs at the same time and it went in smoothly and completely for both legs.

Upside is, short of shaking the Balrog from the base vigorously, they are firmly in place with no wiggle at all.

The gold paint on the flames seems to be highlighted much more with camera flash.

Under room or daylight it isn't as bold as in the posted photos.

I would have preferred they used the same style of painting for the flames as the SSW Balrog and baby-rog, if nothing more than to be consistent with the series..

I got mine. I have to say the pictures don't do it justice. It's an impressive piece, it's very heavy. I don't have paint issues like others.
Over all it's a great piece and I'm really happy with it.

Got mine yesterday. Have to agree with those saying that the photos aren't doing this justice. Camera flash is probably exaggerating the gold for some. Mine just has some nice accents on the edges. Overall, it has a commanding presence.

I initially had a problem with inseritng it into the base. I quickly discovered that what I thought was "straight" wasn't. When I tipped the statue a little in one direction, it slipped right in. Maybe others are experiencing this bit of an optical illusion as well and thus are having difficulty.

So about the gold. I admit I wasn't a fan when I first opened it. But where I have this displayed the color of the flames really pops and I really do like that now. My biggest complaint is still the post which is so awkward. The piece can only really be displayed in one direction and even then the balrog is looking down not at you.

can someone post pics of balrog wsith gandalf the marquette. I want to see how it scales, I have gandalf and am contemplating balrog. Thanks

photo (8).JPG

So, am I being too picky about this box? I would prefer not to have a box with a massive gash in it.

Personally, I would be annoyed a little by that but wouldn't cause a fuss either. Statue boxes are not like other figure boxes to me. They are truly just to house and protect the statue in shipping and in storage for me. Would be a case of "oh well, can't win 'em all" for me. If you display the boxes, then that's a different issue, but I don't think it degrades the value of the piece at all.

So, I knew this was not going to work but I figured I'd try anyway. I placed an order for this today with WBShop.com. They had him up for $84.95 :rotfl

My total with shipping came to $105.05...just got an email saying they had to cancel due to an error on their website :pfft: :lol

Hey guys, can somebody post a picture of Balrog right next to one of the Maquette line statues or maybe next to the weta witch king polystone statue?
I want to get a good idea of that boy's size !

can someone post pics of balrog wsith gandalf the marquette. I want to see how it scales, I have gandalf and am contemplating balrog. Thanks
Are you still around? Jeez scammer, won't you ever give up?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back