Statue Weta Workshop's Bilbo Baggins/Gollum Riddles in the Dark EE Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dwarves in front of Erebor were my choice for this movie but I'd take them for DOS.

Having seen what has happened with the Argonath and Minas Tirith bookends, the respective environments were made many years later - Argonath - or not at all - Minas Tirith - I hope Weta does not consider the Dwarves in front of Erebor bookends but rather the full environment which will be awesome!!!

Got my box yesterday and I'm super happy with it, I'll post pics and review later today.

Baggins!!! Thieves!!! We Hates it Forever!!!!!!!!!

c13k.jpg

The Hobbit Extended Edition Riddles in the Dark Statue - Weta

I'm very happy with the package. First of all I took a bunch of pics of the box because the art is gorgeous, then the blu-ray sleeve is very nice as well with the details actually having reflief.
As for the main purpose of this review the statue is very cool as well. I dig the scene and the pose Gollum has, Sting is bent on my but that easily remedied and for the price I really can't complain. Some very cool details also with the Ring on the ground and the fish bones. The piece is surprisingly heavy as well.
A very nice little diorama.

o77m.jpg

e4sj.jpg

w6vc.jpg

rjvj.jpg

7rki.jpg

88li.jpg

o1oe.jpg

0ixq.jpg

I got mine yesterday as well, really a nice piece for the price; my only complaint would be that the EE Hobbit doesn't match the style that they used for the LOTR EE versions - the outer slipcase.

Minor nit, now I have to watch the extra 13 mins. :panic:

I'll get some kind of ultimate set I'm sure. I just really like the slipcases from the LOTR EE and would have been nice to see them use that style again.

Back