Statue Weta Workshop's Beorn's House Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of excited peeps looking out for the postie, how time will drag when you want something so badly!:lol

Just checked WETA site and it's changed already........

Shipping now from our NZ and US warehouses. First shipment sold out in UK warehouse, pre-order now for the next shipment (due June). A deposit is payable at time of pre-order.

That was bloody quick!!

Likewise got the shipping notice....yay!

Think it's going to be one of those pieces that sells out quickly. Due to the high prices going on previous environment releases there will be quite a few who buy simply to drive up the price on the secondary market.

I think it'll sell out by June/July...it is expensive and will keep a few people away...but the bunch of environment completists(250 or more) will jump on this too making the sellout rather quick IMHO

Mine is on it's way as well!! I don't mind the price--if it looks, in hand, as well done as that beautiful prototype!!!

Thanks for the advice. I placed a preorder for the 2nd batch due to arrive at the UK warehouse & emailed Megan at Weta to confirm that the UK warehouse would definitely get another batch in. She assured me that now my preorder was in, I am guaranteed a piece. So I ordered another for my brother! Just need to wait it out until June now but looking forward to all those who have them arriving in a few days.

I think Weta's system determines which warehouse your order will be coming from depending on your delivery address. Unless if the item is already sold out at the warehouse you're closest to, then Weta chooses the next warehouse where it's available. You just may have to pay extra for the postage cost.

The whole batch could potentially sell out even before they physically arrive at the warehouse. It has happened a lot of times before. One example would be Azog. So you better place your order/pre-order now so you won't miss out if you really want to get this.

I've got mine coming in this Wednesday, I'll make sure to post pics when it arrives!

Got my The House of Beorn environment today. :yess: I'm impressed by this environment in general. Very detailed and paint application (though it's not complicated for this environment) was above average. This environment is a combination of polystone and plastic (for good reasons). The tall tress were made of plastic; most of the environment was made of polystone with the exception of some bits and pieces that needed detailing which are plastic. This has a bit of weight in it as a whole. I thought this would be bigger in hand, but the footprint is roughly the same size as Bag End or The Argonath.

Below are some photos I took. :)

16589156553_1c5df37308_c.jpg

17001914137_63d7270705_c.jpg

17183412796_65ecc0304c_b.jpg

17021816930_f9ce77d23a_b.jpg

17023193609_f1ce3b998e_b.jpg

17023193649_b88c9b3f2f_b.jpg

16586904644_3068d7b1f1_b.jpg

17021606868_8226e6800c_b.jpg

16589156653_4b5492e635_b.jpg

I got mine too but I'm at work :(

My boss wanted a look so I did get to pull it out - but not the trees. The details is AMAZING! :thud:

I love it. :love :love :love :love :love :love :love

Great pics hardyakka_mate!

Congrats to you both, hardyakka_mate and LondonNic...it looks amazing :rock. Thanks for the wonderful detailed pics hardyakka_mate :duff, they are awesome...very nice piece...enjoy!

ooo the trees are removable, that's interesting. thanks for the photos hardyakka.

still waiting for mine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the early photos, they're great! This environment I think has a very Tolkien vibe to it, like it could come straight out of the book. That makes it appealing even for people who didn't completely love the Hobbit films. Glad I ordered it!

Very nice photos. It does look good. This should be here Wednesday and I'm quite pleased to be adding this to my collection. Can't wait to get started with all my backed up reviews once school ends.

Back