Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I convince myself that i don't need Smaug and that the Balrog is enough, someone has to.go and post some amazing HD pics and reel me right back in

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Is there any reason to doubt?

With Weta from my experience, not a lot to worry about. But you never know until you have it in hand. This is a large pretty detailed piece and price is still anyone's guess, and you know it won't be cheap. I'm just hoping for the best, this is my only real want from SDCC this year.

This and the Balrog, :)

Last edited:
Photos by Minuialwen

img_20031qfyg.jpg

img_2005a1isu.jpg

img_20996cem2.jpg

img_2129jpdce.jpg

Some great photos! Min did a very good job. :rock

All out by Q1, Beorn environment Q2 eases a little tho.
I'm going to try and wait until Smaug goes up for PO before I order anything, I'd like to know price first.

And yes, that card looks like 999, :lol. Coins maybe?

Let's wait and see...
The Balrog is definitely Q4 2014 as is confirmed on the Weta facebook page.

My bet would be at the end of Q4.

2 weeks till po. End of Q4 would be better for me.

Right now any and all "extra" funds will be split between this (Weta upcoming POs) and car restoration. All between the end of the year and tax time so the sooner I know price for Smaug the better I can plan.

The price delay is a real pain. I am still hopefully that we will be pleasantly surprised on Smaug as he still seems below Azog standard for what prices are being tossed around.

The price delay is a real pain. I am still hopefully that we will be pleasantly surprised on Smaug as he still seems below Azog standard for what prices are being tossed around.

Yeah, I'd like to know the prices. It is hard to plan without knowing that's for sure. Him and the Balrog are easily on the same plane as Azog. At least from my pov.

Since there was a mass bumping of various threads and some of the SDCC stuff got bumped off the first page.

Now that I locked the Balrog I may be interested in Smaug too, but he looks a little on the small side, what do you think guys?

Now that I locked the Balrog I may be interested in Smaug too, but he looks a little on the small side, what do you think guys?

I would definitely not call it small! The length is 53,5cm, the width 43cm and the height 34cm. This statue is huge! The only thing that can keep the price down is the ES of 2000. I hope it will be the same as the Balrog, although I believe it might be $50 more expensive.

Yeah, he's anything but small. The size may not translate well in pictures but he's a space hog.

I passed on pre-ordering the Balrog until I see how much this statue is going to run. If I only get one item in the next while it has to be Smaug! :rock

Only looks small as he is so BIG. For what Weta did I think it's about as large as you can get without getting to a ridiculously large size showing the entire Dragon. Same with the Balrog.

Back