Statue Weta Workshop Comic-Con Exclusive Thorin Oakenshield Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great piece but I do not like the fact that Thorin is 6ft..he should be 4 ft...he's closer to 1/4 scale now...that kinda bothers me

So do you think that Weta's GTG will look like a giant beside the SSW pieces? I was hoping the new Weta statues would blend in with the SSW pieces but I guess they won't?

So that means Beorn would be really tremendous...20 to 24 inches?...depending how they pose him...hey maybe even taller in bear form...

Last edited:
So do you think that Weta's GTG will look like a giant beside the SSW pieces? I was hoping the new Weta statues would blend in with the SSW pieces but I guess they won't?

I don't know if I'd say giant but he looked to be taller by the right amount. Was hard to tell exactly because gtg wasn't right next to a dwarf . Everything will fit just fine I wouldn't worry.

So that means Beorn would be really tremendous...20 to 24 inches?...depending how the pose him...hey maybe even taller in bear form...

Yeah, he should be fairly tall since the character is a large one.

Scale does seem to be a bit off, compared to the old SSW line. Thorin is almost as big as GTG and Thorin's pose is a bit hunched at that. Not a dealbreaker, but I expected him a bit smaller.

The SS LOTR maquettes seem a bit larger too so maybe the Weta Hobbit statues will fit in well for people who are collecting SS's LOTR line!

ibsDLQsddlejLu.jpg

In this photo you can see that even though Thorin is standing at the front, he is a good bit taller than most of the other dwarves. I think if it was the Balin or Bombur statue beside GTG in the above photo then the scale issue would be fine. I guess Thorin is just a tall dwarf!

Got my Thorin today! As ever, the actual piece is much better in person than what you see in photos. One of my concerns was the face - in photos he doesn't seem to have much detail there, but in person it looks fine.
I love the wood effect on the scabbard, and the detailing, especially in the cloak, is superb.
The overall pose looks much better in person too, and he doesn't feel TOO big like i had worried either.
And the base is cool ;)
SO happy to have the first in a long line of Hobbit statues! Bring on October! :yess:

Back