Prop WETA Pipes of Fili and Thorin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant imagine having a pipe displayed on a shelf that isn't even functional. Seems very odd to me.

I cant imagine having a pipe displayed on a shelf that isn't even functional. Seems very odd to me.

Because its a prop replica. That's the point of prop replicas. I have Gandalf's coming from Noble Collection. It will look cool mixed in with the rest of my Hobbit stuff.

how do you know it's not functional? just need to put the right kind of stuff in there to light it up... :wink1:

Because it says so on the site. Doesn't look like anyone will be enjoying Old Tobey, the finest weed in the south farthing.

They are pretty though....All I want is the Arkenstone,Mithril Shirt and Black Arrow

Because its a prop replica. That's the point of prop replicas. I have Gandalf's coming from Noble Collection. It will look cool mixed in with the rest of my Hobbit stuff.

A replica is meant to be a cheap replacement for the real thing - the prop itself. There is nothing that says it has to be non functional. In this case I imagine making an actual functional device was all sorts of more legal complication. Plus, I suspect these probably aren't even made of a material that can get hot.

A replica is meant to be a cheap replacement for the real thing - the prop itself. There is nothing that says it has to be non functional. In this case I imagine making an actual functional device was all sorts of more legal complication. Plus, I suspect these probably aren't even made of a material that can get hot.

Well, I figure if you tried to get a real one made that looked like these they'd cost more than $125. Those two pieces are pretty detailed from the HR pictures. I would venture to guess selling ones that worked would have legal issues with them and I believe these are a polystone like material.

Sure thing, imagine a hole there and someone trying to use it, and given the state of world you just KNOW someone would. These look nice, too expensive IMO, but there's something about a faux pipe that seems odd to me. I guess I have seen too many real old pipes but for a display setup this would work.

Someone will because there are a lot of non-thinkers out there. :lol as far as the oddity of having them on display its different strokes for different folks.

Back