Weta Hobbit Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fremen

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I picked this up at our comic con that was here in Calgary. I was lucky that Weta had a booth set up so I got to see all of their statue in the flesh.

I really like the props and picked these up. The Axes of Dwalin. They had the bow, staffs and a couple of other things there for props. I wanted the Bow and the staffs but there were sold out at the show already.

I have a question though. I want to get more of these props and I've noticed the both Weta and United Cutlery are doing them.

Which is better? Which is nicer looking? Which will retain it's value the best over the long run? Anyone know?

I have this hung temporarily. I'm going to wait until I get a couple of the other props before I find a good place for them.

Thanks. I really like it. Can't wait to get the bow.

Not much love for the props on this forum.

Ya I dumped my PO of Harley to get some more. Hoping I can pick up the Bow with my next pay cheque. It is really, really nice.

The bow is really nice. I almost got Tauriel's daggers last year at Comic-Con to get her to sign the base. I didn't end up doing it because I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to try and get them home or not.

I don't blame you. Like always, I bought first and figured out later. You should have seen me trying to haul this 4 foot + box to my truck which was a long ways away.
I couldn't get out of bed the next morning I was so stiff and sore.

Because I'm not a fan of the UC plaques. I love the Weta plaques and I'd rather have the props from Weta as they originally created them.

Nice photos! I like that Bow prop. I'd love to add some pieces like this to my collection....damn you lack of space :mad:

The props look great, especially the bow.
They do take up space once you really start to accumulate more though.

Recently I started collecting Japanese tsubas, nice and small.
I view them almost like brass belt buckles from the 70's, great metal work with varied character/quality on each piece.

Back