Weta Gandalf the Grey tease

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moriaman

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted,i couldnt find it anywhere

Thanks to BuckyUnderbelly for the pic

5889158224_64dcba85ac_b.jpg

Yeah, thought it was from the character line Weta has been talking about. Really looking forward to seeing things come from this as well and I'll be getting a few pieces from it for sure.

I like the pose and Weta was very smart to produce a statue of Gandalf sitting down given the 6" [15 cm] height restriction of this statue line. He is however going to stick out like a sore thumb when Weta produces other characters in the line because of the significant difference in scale. :lecture

I like the pose and Weta was very smart to produce a statue of Gandalf sitting down given the 6" [15 cm] height restriction of this statue line. He is however going to stick out like a sore thumb when Weta produces other characters in the line because of the significant difference in scale. :lecture
Maybe not. Perhaps they've already considered this and he will fit right in. :D

Not necessarily, perhaps they are going to do a line of all seated or laying down characters? :idea :lol

Not necessarily, perhaps they are going to do a line of all seated or laying down characters? :idea :lol

That thought did occur to me. :lol I don't know how Weta is going to get around this varied scale issue , but it will be interesting to see what they have in mind. As it stands any other human characters, if standing, will be in 1/12 scale. The Hobbits will be in 1/6 scale and Gandalf here looks to be somewhere in the 1/7-1/8 scale range.

I like this Gandalf concept.

Didn't know about this line. I'm curious and interested in seeing what Weta plans to do, even if I find the height limitation very odd. :cuckoo:

With such a restricted format, there are not many possibilities I can think of. Council of Elrond would be pretty big and expensive and I'm not sure that's what this collection is supposed to be :dunno
Boromir's death (a personal favorite) might be a good candidate. Maybe Hobbits at Weathertop ...

Back