Statue Weta Frodo Arwen on Asfaloth statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is due to arrive Thursday. I’ll get some photos and share them here once I’ve got it all set up.

EE9A2B82-00A7-4000-9895-82980FDA2FD7.jpg

Hope folks are having better luck with their than I am with mine...:(

It looks like a top layer of paint peeled off in a bunch of spots on the left side of Arwen’s face on mine. I’m really let down.

So sorry to see that!
And that paintjob is awful!!

I know. :( I’m so upset. It almost looks like they set the statue down on that side before the paint was fully dry and the top layer peeled off. I don’t know how it passed QC.

They said they’d have a solution for me by Monday.

I know. :( I’m so upset. It almost looks like they set the statue down on that side before the paint was fully dry and the top layer peeled off. I don’t know how it passed QC.

They said they’d have a solution for me by Monday.

Yeah. I mean, look at the hairlines. That's a lazy paintjob. :(
again, I hate to make the comparison over and over again, but DC Collectibles WW got much better paintjob.

wrujtr2nydul6pjtqxuu.jpg

That is very true. They have to do something with it! Good luck! :)

They’re replacing it, thankfully! I have fourteen (if I’m counting correctly) other pieces from Weta and love them all dearly, so I was stunned when I put this in a bit of natural light and saw the left side of Arwen’s face. They’re so meticulous - I could stare at my environments for hours because of how beautifully they’re done - so this was a surprise and suuuuper out of character since their work is usually pretty carefully done!

Thankfully their customer service is also phenomenal. Everyone there is so helpful and kind.

This really is a stunning piece overall. It looks like a freeze frame from the movie and the movement of the water, horse, and Arwen’s dress is positively breathtaking. I’m really looking forward to getting the replacement and displaying this between my two larger environments from them.

They’re replacing it, thankfully! I have fourteen (if I’m counting correctly) other pieces from Weta and love them all dearly, so I was stunned when I put this in a bit of natural light and saw the left side of Arwen’s face. They’re so meticulous - I could stare at my environments for hours because of how beautifully they’re done - so this was a surprise and suuuuper out of character since their work is usually pretty carefully done!

Thankfully their customer service is also phenomenal. Everyone there is so helpful and kind.

This really is a stunning piece overall. It looks like a freeze frame from the movie and the movement of the water, horse, and Arwen’s dress is positively breathtaking. I’m really looking forward to getting the replacement and displaying this between my two larger environments from them.

That's wonderful! Glad to hear!

And yes, I do have several pieces of Weta statues as well, I have the old Arwen (the one holding a flower), the reading Arwen (small one), Galadriel Dol Guldur, and the Robo Geisha from Ghost in the Shell. I can say that they're all wonderful, but I can't say the same for their "riding" statues as I think with the same scale and materials, their quality is the same (or even worse) than DC Collectibles "riding" statue, with DC asking only half the price of WETA.

That's wonderful! Glad to hear!

And yes, I do have several pieces of Weta statues as well, I have the old Arwen (the one holding a flower), the reading Arwen (small one), Galadriel Dol Guldur, and the Robo Geisha from Ghost in the Shell. I can say that they're all wonderful, but I can't say the same for their "riding" statues as I think with the same scale and materials, their quality is the same (or even worse) than DC Collectibles "riding" statue, with DC asking only half the price of WETA.

I have those Arwens too, haha! I agree that, at least on the one I have, the paint application is not up to par with my other Weta pieces. I’m hoping the new one will be better!

In spite of the paint application, I can see having this one on hand why it costs what it costs. The intricacy of the statue is ridiculous in the best way. The way that they have managed to make Asfaloth look like he’s in motion while being super stable, the crazy flowing fabric of Arwen’s outfit. I would have paid more for this, even, though I’m sure that’s partially my bias haha. This is one of my favorite parts in the movies and I have a custom-made replica of this outfit of my own haha.

I can’t wait for my new one to get here. Fingers crossed for a better paint application!

I have those Arwens too, haha! I agree that, at least on the one I have, the paint application is not up to par with my other Weta pieces. I’m hoping the new one will be better!

In spite of the paint application, I can see having this one on hand why it costs what it costs. The intricacy of the statue is ridiculous in the best way. The way that they have managed to make Asfaloth look like he’s in motion while being super stable, the crazy flowing fabric of Arwen’s outfit. I would have paid more for this, even, though I’m sure that’s partially my bias haha. This is one of my favorite parts in the movies and I have a custom-made replica of this outfit of my own haha.

I can’t wait for my new one to get here. Fingers crossed for a better paint application!

well, to each his/her own, I guess. :)
I personally won't pay more than I paid for WW for this statue.. But I do hope that WETA will make more better products with the price that make sense, in the future.

Now that's more like it...

Entertainment Earth had this piece on sale this morning for $399.99+free shipping!!! (It subsequently sold-out).
I got one. :nana:
Should go nicely with the Ringwraith at the Ford.

Haven't changed my opinion about Weta's recent paint-application on their production pieces (particular character faces) being a little more than suspect, but at nearly 50%-off I can live with it on this one.

Back