WETA forums problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about the Eternal Flame :D a tribute to the power we have to stick together through thick and thin :D And we can still be flamies :D

How about the Eternal Flame :D a tribute to the power we have to stick together through thick and thin :D And we can still be flamies :D

yup, that works for me.....

The_Bangles-The_Essential_Bangles-Frontal.jpg

Not the Eternal Flame you had in mind :wink1:

Well, there's the obvious one, The Shadow and Flame Reborn

or variations of, The Shadow and Flame II, The Shadow and Flame 2, The Shadow and Flame Raises Again, etc.

That's what I was hoping for. In fact "The Shadow and Flame – Reborn" was one of my suggested names for the new forum. :lecture

It would have some benefits too. Like, we would all still be "Flamers", anyone looking for the old S&F and did a name search would surly come across this new name and the forum would still hold its old identity, reputation and feel good vibe the old one had. :rock

I kind of liked the idea of naming it after one of the social places of Middle Earth like The Green Dragon or The Prancing Pony, or something of that nature. I don't think I need to explain why something like that would make sense to fellow Tolkien fans. Though I can understand why some might want to keep it close to the original name. It definitely would make it easier for lost members to find as Bill said.

Anduril, The Flame of the West
The Shadow and Flame Too
Mordor, Where the Shadow's are
The S+F
Hell, you can call it Bruce as long as you get it up and running! :lol

Anduril, The Flame of the West
The Shadow and Flame Too
Mordor, Where the Shadow's are
The S+F
Hell, you can call it Bruce as long as you get it up and running! :lol

And we have a winner. I don't know how you guessed it, but Bruce it is! :lol

Just kidding of course. So far, only one person guessed the correct answer (on Facebook), so he or she gets first pick of the prizes. I can give you a hint that we kept the name close to the old one. But not as close as "Shadow and Flame 2" or "Shadow and Flame reborn".

I can give you a hint that we kept the name close to the old one. But not as close as "Shadow and Flame 2" or "Shadow and Flame reborn".

So, The Fire Goat it is then.... :lol

Or did we go with the Weta clue, The Balrog - Demon of Shadow and Flame

"This place" is a new forum, to replace the Shadow and Flame. By the name of.... why don't you guess? ;)

Quite sad on the outcome of our Shadow and Flame forum, what was the reason for its demise? We all know that Chuck is nowhere to be found. Is it that expensive or troublesome or time consuming to keep a forum running smoothly and debugged?
I know that he left his life in this forum for 10 years, but at least the last 2 we did no more posts or moderator activities, and he quit doing updates on the blog part of the site.
We all pretty much understood that he had needs that were unfulfilled and that he had to step aside to attend more important issues, but what made him leave like this way? What was the motive behind his action or his lack of action? Did he at least try to sell the rights of his forum to Weta before going missing in action? They may still be interested given that everybody that knows about Weta Collectibles seem to know about the S&F forum. Why not to cash out on his investment of all these years? :dunno

Orc from Morc - That's a great paint job on that one ;) Well done mate ;)

KingKong - Stunning work mate, jaw dropping effort there :)

Bucky - To clear up any confusion, I had created some computer models for the Battle for Middle Earth 2 computer game a few years ago but because of the massive restrictions of that games programming I could never apply the amount of detail I wanted. But these new models will not be for the game so I can add as much detail as I want to :D So I am now just doing this for myself. While the Golden Hall environment that Mary Maclachlan made is a stunning and beautiful piece, the technology at the time ( over 10 years ago now . . . wow :D ) did not allow for many details of the Golden Hall to be added. But thanks to things like 3D printing and other 3D programs I can now add easily.

While I was doing this I thought it would be nice to have the other structures that were actually built on location, not just the Golden Hall. And actually set up the models in the same positions they were in from the movies. So using the Google Earth satellites I scanned the Mount Sunday location and was able to recreate the terrain and use that to place the models on the terrain, just like they were in the films. So every structure that was on the summit of Mount Sunday from the Golden Hall to the fence and even the bird houses will be added to this.

I was going to leave it at that and just call this the summit of Edoras but then I started thinking about the other structures they made there and thought to myself how cool it would be to recreate all of the structures that were actually built on that location. As a sort of monument, honoring all the hard work the people put into making that location. Due to the preservation laws over in New Zealand the location did have to be returned to its original condition after the films were finished and all the structures were destroyed as far as I am aware.

They only exist in photographs now but with an eye or two and a computer with the right programs I think I can bring them back :D I scoured the internet for any photos taken on the set at the time, and I think I can give this a good try ;)

Battle for Middle Earth 2 amazing game. Shame about the servers going down.

Quite sad on the outcome of our Shadow and Flame forum, what was the reason for its demise? We all know that Chuck is nowhere to be found. Is it that expensive or troublesome or time consuming to keep a forum running smoothly and debugged?
I know that he left his life in this forum for 10 years, but at least the last 2 we did no more posts or moderator activities, and he quit doing updates on the blog part of the site.
We all pretty much understood that he had needs that were unfulfilled and that he had to step aside to attend more important issues, but what made him leave like this way? What was the motive behind his action or his lack of action? Did he at least try to sell the rights of his forum to Weta before going missing in action? They may still be interested given that everybody that knows about Weta Collectibles seem to know about the S&F forum. Why not to cash out on his investment of all these years? :dunno

I believe it's a case of he's simply Missing in Action. No one knows where he's at.

Back