WETA forums problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So happy to hear there is progress! I wish I could do more to help but I have zero programming knowledge.

Side question- Has anybody here bought one of the reissued Swords of Boromir? If so have you had any issues with it? I have gotten two of them now from BUDK and both of them have had bad crooked pommels on them where it would be noticeable from hanging on the wall.
I got mine a while back from Derek. No issues with the pommel. My only gripe was the fact that the lord of the rings logo was not on the same side as the leather stitching. Hopefully they can replace yours!

This is Kyle from S&F forum, I totally forgot there was a LotR section here! I am very glad I finally found some long lost friends! After reading through this thread, it is great to hear there is work being done on the old forum, I really miss that place, and the people! Just stopped in to say hi! :wave

1.jpg

This is Kyle from S&F forum, I totally forgot there was a LotR section here! I am very glad I finally found some long lost friends! After reading through this thread, it is great to hear there is work being done on the old forum, I really miss that place, and the people! Just stopped in to say hi! :wave

View attachment 182771
Hi Kyle. Good to see you here!

I got mine a while back from Derek. No issues with the pommel. My only gripe was the fact that the lord of the rings logo was not on the same side as the leather stitching. Hopefully they can replace yours!

Good to hear others aren't having the same issue, though the ones I have also have the logo and stitching on opposite sides. My Glamdring is like that as well, but it doesn't bother me all that much.

I called BUDK and they told me they were going to inspect more of the Boromir swords they have to see if they all suffer from the same issue and that they are going to call me when they find out what the problem is. Hopefully they have some with no issues they can send to me. If not then I'm not sure what I'll do since I probably won't get another chance at Boromir's sword for such a low price.

Indeed it shall!

Side question- Has anybody here bought one of the reissued Swords of Boromir? If so have you had any issues with it? I have gotten two of them now from BUDK and both of them have had bad crooked pommels on them where it would be noticeable from hanging on the wall.

Photos please

Photos please

This is the first one. I only took one picture of it though. (put in spoilers as they are big images)
Spoiler Spoiler:

This is the second one. Not *as* bad, but still pretty noticeable in person, especially when holding it straight up.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hey all! Glad we're still chatting over here. So, with the talk of a new forum, I think it might be wise to set a "push the red button" date. If Chuck doesn't make contact and progress by a certain date, we should seriously consider having a discussion with Weta over creating a new board that is housed on their servers, ideally moderated by Olorin, Stig, Red, and Scriff (and dare I say The Josh?). It's been two months, I might suggest that by July 1st, that conversation should be planned. What do the rest of you think?

I'm up for that. Thing is, I suggest starting the discussion sooner, as it may take time to get all the resources squared away. I suggest delegating at least one person to initiate the talks. It would be nice to have resources up and running by June 1st, only because any SDCC discussions should already start by then.

Not a bad idea. I don't know how much it takes to run the Flame financially or how much Weta would pay for the server costs, but UCF is pretty well crowd funded by a small membership base, so I feel like financially we could hold up a vbulletin board.

Have to say I don't think its a good idea just yet. By all accounts, things are moving, albeit slowly. If a new forum is started, the impetus to get the S&F back will be lost, and, as has been mentioned already, the huge resource contained in the forum will also be lost. Patience....

Well, I suppose we *could* reach out to Weta and at least ask them what they think of the idea? If they have indications that S+F is in its process to be resurrected, even if it's a slow progress, then great. My main problem - and I assume many here share the sentiment - is not so much not having the forum or how long it takes (although of course it is a big problem too, if only for selfish reasons of missing it), but just not knowing.

Have to say I don't think its a good idea just yet. By all accounts, things are moving, albeit slowly. If a new forum is started, the impetus to get the S&F back will be lost, and, as has been mentioned already, the huge resource contained in the forum will also be lost. Patience....

I agree! I think some more patience is required here. The loss of all this information should be avoided at any cost.

Thanks for trying to help, everybody, but we've already contacted Weta and they're helping out as we speak. Pordey/Stig is our new "official Weta-liaison" (while I handle crowd control :p), he keeps close tabs with Magnus.

We hope to have some more news soon!

It may take a while, but I'm all for waiting this thing out. Unless we hear decisively from Chuck and/or Pordey that S&F is definitely dead and not coming back, then I'm in favor of waiting.

Sure, SDCC will be exciting and it would be swell to have a dedicated forum to chatter about the new offerings, but I'm sure there will be threads here, too.

But I do agree, it would be great to have a LITTLE more information about what's going on behind the scenes. That would at least put my anxiety at ease!

Hi everyone just found and registered with this Site and see a lot of names from the S&F.I tried for ages to get on the S&F forum but to no avail so in the end up I contacted Megan and this was her reply
(Megan (Weta Workshop)
Apr 8, 14:34

Hi Jester,

I really don't know what's going on :(
We have offered our assistance to get it back up and running, but we haven't heard back in a long time.

I am hoping that it will be soon.

Regards,
Megan)
Anyway nice to see a lot of familiar names,and this site seems pretty cool
ATB JJ

Back