WETA forums problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishing Chuck all the best in whatever he is doing. Life always gets in the way :lecture

To whoever can help I say.....

BABY DRIVER.jpg

Some of us have access to Chuck even on FB, but last I checked, he hadn't updated his FB page since March 2013. If anyone has his phone number or email, we can try reaching him through those methods as well.

I really hope everything is okay with him. I have enjoyed the S&F forum for many years and hugely appreciate all he's done for fans over there. (Much as I appreciate all Dave has done for us over here.)

Sending good vibes ....:1-1:

Thanks to the S&F moderators and other forum members who are working on this. I plugged the URL for the Shadow and Flame into the Wayback Machine (an internet tool that shows archived pages) and was able to get an image of the forum. It says there are 10,000 pages archived but I have not been able to see anything other than the pages with forum topics. When I click on a topic to see the actual posts I am not able to see anything useful. Maybe someone with some web knowledge can retrieve some posts? Any chance Shi?

Not really, I think it only archives the main page, and indeed no inner pages. I keep trying to think of ways to at least get a copy of the forum database, but I can't think of anything. And anyhow, unless we can retrieve a good amount of posts (and the amount on the server is HUGE) it's pretty futile. We might as well just set up a new forum.

There are programs that allow downloading website content but A. never tried it on sites I didn't have access to, B. never tried it on a site that wasn't working, and C. I definitely do not have enough space anywhere to d/l the content of that website - way too much content - so it's back to having access to the hosting company account for them to handle this.

Some of us have access to Chuck even on FB, but last I checked, he hadn't updated his FB page since March 2013. If anyone has his phone number or email, we can try reaching him through those methods as well.

We've already tried that.

I really hope everything is okay with him. I have enjoyed the S&F forum for many years and hugely appreciate all he's done for fans over there. (Much as I appreciate all Dave has done for us over here.)

Sending good vibes ....:1-1:

We know he's okay, but it's very hard to get hold of him. As for the forum, all I can say is that we're working on it. It will take some time but there is definite progress.

We know he's okay, but it's very hard to get hold of him. As for the forum, all I can say is that we're working on it. It will take some time but there is definite progress.[/QUOTE]

:clap :yess: :hi5:

So happy to hear the forum is being worked on. When it comes up we will have to celebrate by throwing a party of special magnificence!

It shall be a night to remember!

Indeed it shall!

Side question- Has anybody here bought one of the reissued Swords of Boromir? If so have you had any issues with it? I have gotten two of them now from BUDK and both of them have had bad crooked pommels on them where it would be noticeable from hanging on the wall.

We know he's okay, but it's very hard to get hold of him. As for the forum, all I can say is that we're working on it. It will take some time but there is definite progress.

:clap :yess: :hi5:[/QUOTE]

What a wonderful news. I so miss the forum. Thank you light bringer : )

Back