WETA forums problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record, I'd like to thank Dave for keeping this forum going for as long as it has been going. It's been around from the infancy of Sideshow & Weta and despite what some of you think, a vbulletin forum takes a lot of time and money to keep it going (look up the costs involved) and from personal experience I've been through the collapse of two forums I was fond of (tLotRG, and S&F) but Sideshow Freaks keeps on trucking. It may not always seem like it but it's very much appreciated Dave! :duff :bow

Agreed!

I used the code to pre-order Daniel's last book.

edit: oh my fellow Flamers, my 'House of Beorn' I opened it the day after I got it and the 2 trees are no good :(
I have contacted Megan but I think she isn't well at the moment (I hope she doesn't mind me posting that).
I'm hoping for new trees soon.

The owner of this site, Charles Song (I believe?), is he a fan of Weta/Middle Earth and was he ever active in the forum? I haven't been a member of that forum that long, just 3 years I think, but during all that time, I've never seen him there. So I don't know, maybe his interest has waned, that's why he's taking his time in fixing the site.

I don't think CS posts much but I've only been on the forum for 3 years too.
I'm pretty sure he is a fan of WETA/Middle Earth etc.

Last edited:
So if Charles is MIA who do the affiliate funds go to?

That's what I was thinking too! The affiliate link is meant to support the forum monetarily, but if it's gone kaput, the affiliate link is useless.

If Weta is really keen to have its own forum site, they should just do a new one. I'm pretty sure they won't have problems getting their old members back. :lecture

If Weta is really keen to have its own forum site, they should just do a new one. I'm pretty sure they won't have problems getting their old members back. :lecture

A massive amount of history and information would/is lost though. There maybe an archived version somewhere however?

Just goes to show, not everything on the Internet lasts forever.

Change of subject: Anyone see the new Star Wars trailer? I watched people's reaction videos on youtube and people were crying and cheering and dropping f-bombs when Han and Chewie appeared at the end.

Change of subject: Anyone see the new Star Wars trailer? I watched people's reaction videos on youtube and people were crying and cheering and dropping f-bombs when Han and Chewie appeared at the end.

This trailer took me back 30 years! I have a feeling this film will be good, but I wouldn't bet on it either.

Hey guys & gals :wave

about a month ago U2's site asked fans to sing their version of 'Song For Someone', a song from their new album.
I posted my version to twitter on April 2nd and if Shadow & Flame had been working I would of shared on there in the General Forum area. if you have a spare 3:47 feel free to go here https://twitter.com/MetalliBunny/status/583555965854679040 < that's my tweet too #songforsomeone. if you like my version feel free to give it a star, reply or retweet. you can also give it the thumbs up on youtube if you like it. I know my voice needs work, need lessons to strengthen my voice, breathing etc but I thought I did ok :)

^ for 2 or 3 days it was on U2's site but now they just have about 15 videos on the #songforsomeone page and my link isn't there.
alot of people posted videos, a couple of people spammed twitter with their entry :tap keeping
their video at the top.

My 36 thread gone! All that research and information, I don't think I saved a list anywhere as I never thought the flame would drop so quick. I might have to search again from the start! &#55357;&#56869;&#55357;&#56869;&#55357;&#56869;&#55357;&#56869;&#55357;&#56869;&#55357;&#56869;&#55357;&#56869;&#55357;&#56869;&#55357;&#56869;

No don't say that James, that would be a real bummer :slap. I'm sure it's safe and will return when, yes when, the S&F forum comes back online. :pray:

My 36 thread gone! All that research and information, I don't think I saved a list anywhere as I never thought the flame would drop so quick. I might have to search again from the start! ������������������

don't give up Stormcrow! even if, if that happens. I'm sure alot of Flamers will help you :)

Hang in there Stormcrow, a miracle might occur and things go back to normal. If not then it's on the hunt again, and everyone will assist.
Likewise in a minor way I thought hmmmm just got Beorns house and need to log my number into the database. Then realized there is no
database. Which made me think...what numbers do I have already? The boxes are stored away and I'm too dang lazy to flip over the poly to
loo!

Back