WETA forums problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the S+F had already been down for a little while by the time this thread was started.

If it takes hiring someone to fix the S+F I think many of us would be willing to donate to that cause. I'm sure a solution exists. Though I do wish Charles would speak up and at least respond to Weta. To me it's not a promising sign that they've tried to reach out to him to offer assistance and he remained silent.

As time goes at what point does starting a completely new S+F become a better option?

This whole situation is just very frustrating.

I read those posts on Wetas FB today too, it sounds really strange that Chuck has not replied to them...
IIRC someone from the forum had contact with Chuck after the forum went offline and he said he was
looking into it(?) Why wouldn't he reply to Weta...?

Not surprisingly Charles was the most active member on the S&F forum, one day in 2012 he decided that the forum was taking too much of his time, and that he was leaving important matters in his life unattended. May 06 2012 was his last update on the blog page. But he still kept the forum working quite smoothly since then and cared enough for it to enroll long time members as moderators.
Something important may have happened to him lately, he was never late to fix mayor issues and he never managed to create the icons to award the winners of the Flamie's last year.
His lack of communication with the people from Weta as their comment on their Facebook page is deeply disturbing, I hope he manages to fix the forum before it is too late.

I will say I'm glad you all are here. Since I can't post it's nice to interact even just a little with you all. I'm sure Chuck is working on it but maybe by summer it's time to start some kind of Weta centric message board.

I hope so, and that is not a bad idea.................

The new (and last?) Hobbit Chronicles book is up for pre-order:

https://www.wetanz.com/chronicles-the-art-of-war-signed/

I forgot to ask before ordering Bolg but does anyone remember the affiliate code for the S&F?

Was just about to post that! I kept waiting for this to show up. And I *love* that cover. The dragon's gold options are a bit disappointing, but I don't pre-order for that anyway, just for having it signed to go with the rest.

What confuses me about the forum situation, is that from what I managed to see - checking the wetacollectors domain on whois - the site is actually hosted by a really good hosting company, who are awesome in support and helping to solve even complicated cases. I do web development for years now and they've always been my to-go company because of how good they are at that. So I find it puzzling that it has been that long if there is someone who is working with them to try and figure it out. Of course, unless they haven't even been contacted or someone dropped the ball at some point...

(I think this would actually be less frustrating if I wasn't dealing with some of this website problem crap for a living as a web developer, so I have both a pretty clear idea of the problem, at least from the info I can see, and just generally have possible courses of action drilled into my head in case this was my site. Since it is not, I can only stare and feel frustrated...).

... the site is actually hosted by a really good hosting company, who are awesome in support and helping to solve even complicated cases. I do web development for years now and they've always been my to-go company because of how good they are at that. So I find it puzzling that it has been that long if there is someone who is working with them to try and figure it out. Of course, unless they haven't even been contacted or someone dropped the ball at some point...

I think this would actually be less frustrating if I wasn't dealing with some of this website problem crap for a living as a web developer, so I have both a pretty clear idea of the problem, at least from the info I can see, and just generally have possible courses of action drilled into my head in case this was my site.

Please somebody give this guy the number of Chuck for Gods sake!

I will say I'm glad you all are here. Since I can't post it's nice to interact even just a little with you all. I'm sure Chuck is working on it but maybe by summer it's time to start some kind of Weta centric message board.

It's nice to have you too Josh! I'd be up for having that Weta section too if all else fails.

That sixth CHRONICLES book sounds terrific. Ordered. They have all been wonderful and this one should be spectacular.

It's nice to have you too Josh! I'd be up for having that Weta section too if all else fails.

Thanks! It hurts a bit not being able to chat with folks who are active posting on a subject I care about. We may have to get a few of us together say via FB or something and come up with an idea. I may even speak with Weta and see what they want to do.

That sixth CHRONICLES book sounds terrific. Ordered. They have all been wonderful and this one should be spectacular.

It does! All of them have been pretty great though.

Hiya Josh & Shi, good to see familiar names here too.

As for the affiliate code I never had it written down. Normally when a new item popped up the affiliate code link would be listed up on S&F so I never had
to bother adding it myself. So for my past 2 purchases (Beorns house and preorder Chronicles) I just went without.

Hey! Glad to see ya posting here. :rock

When ordering I try to use either the S&F or TORn's. Whichever I can find quicker. :lol

Hello to fellow Sideshow Freaks members and especially other S&F members!:wave I have been looking at the SSFs board since the Shadow & Flame imploded and like most here I sorely miss it and hope it gets fixed or at least replaced. I am really pleased with some of Weta's recent offerings. Beorn's House should be arriving at mine tomorrow and I pre-ordered the latest Chronicles book. Morgoth, if you are a member please get in touch!

Hello to fellow Sideshow Freaks members and especially other S&F members!:wave I have been looking at the SSFs board since the Shadow & Flame imploded and like most here I sorely miss it and hope it gets fixed or at least replaced. I am really pleased with some of Weta's recent offerings. Beorn's House should be arriving at mine tomorrow and I pre-ordered the latest Chronicles book. Morgoth, if you are a member please get in touch!

Hi Radagast, I remember you from my short time on the S&F forum before it went down!

Good to see you here. Hope you enjoy Beorn's House, I've got mine coming tomorrow as well!

My heart hurts ............................. the Flame is hidden and cannot be found, another Palantir lost to history ....................

send help JMan :wave

For the record, I'd like to thank Dave for keeping this forum going for as long as it has been going. It's been around from the infancy of Sideshow & Weta and despite what some of you think, a vbulletin forum takes a lot of time and money to keep it going (look up the costs involved) and from personal experience I've been through the collapse of two forums I was fond of (tLotRG, and S&F) but Sideshow Freaks keeps on trucking. It may not always seem like it but it's very much appreciated Dave! :duff :bow

Back