WETA forums problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read those posts on Wetas FB today too, it sounds really strange that Chuck has not replied to them...
IIRC someone from the forum had contact with Chuck after the forum went offline and he said he was
looking into it(?) Why wouldn't he reply to Weta...?

I thnk the time has come for us to consider the very likely possibility that there will no longer be a shadow and flame forum...

No, I won't even consider thinking about considering this possibility! :lecture
I was part of the s+f community for just 2 short months and it felt like a place just a few steps south of heaven!
I haven't even read half of the s+f content. :horror

This Song guy probably just has a rather extravagant lifestyle that prevents him from reacting in time.. you know, like 2 weeks in Vegas, then Paris in Spring, Hanami - the cherry-flower-thing in Tokyo, there are so many places to be when you are rich, footloose and your private jet-plane ist just waiting for your commands..
Let's just wait some more months. He will be back eventually, sort things out and everything will be fine and back to normal again.

H.

No, I won't even consider thinking about considerung this possibility! :lecture
I was part of the s+f community for just 2 short months and it felt like a place just a few steps south of heaven!
I haven't even read half of the s+f content. :horror

This Song guy probably just has a rather extravagant lifestyle that prevents him from reacting in time.. you know, like 2 weeks in Vegas, then Paris in Spring, Hanami - the cherry-flower-thing in Tokyo, there are so many places to be when you are rich, footloose and your private jet-plane ist just waiting for your commands..
Let's just wait some more months. He will be back eventually, sort things out and everything will be fine and back to normal again.

H.

I'm not sure who pays the maintenance fees for the Flames forum though. These things are expensive. I'm not sure if Chuck is absorbing any of the running costs. Itll be a bit unfair if he was.

and The Green Dragon

8zmqfb.jpg

:D

Getting one of these when they launch. Had to hold off several (Faramir & Smaug) of late due to other family costs but always said I would get the GD when it was done and goin' to do it.

I'm trying to remember what Chuck's nickname was on any of the old forums we visited.

I'm not sure who pays the maintenance fees for the Flames forum though. These things are expensive. I'm not sure if Chuck is absorbing any of the running costs. Itll be a bit unfair if he was.

Probably part of it was absorbed by ads fees, and also remember that every time Weta has new items, we will go to Wetacollectos thread and click the item link in the thread to go to the Weta product page? By doing so i think Weta will pay affiliate fees to wetacollectors owner for each successful order. So the owner can use these money to maintain the page. Not sure what happen if the money earned is not enough to cover the cost tho, probably Song will take out money from his pocket to cover it.

Just my guessing :)

this Friday will mark 7 weeks since S&F has been down :(

That is sad and says alot about the current owner, he could care less as it would have been fixed, it is not that hard, damn let me buy the damn place and fix this once and for all...................

That is sad and says alot about the current owner, he could care less as it would have been fixed, it is not that hard, damn let me buy the damn place and fix this once and for all...................

I understand everyone's frustration but Charles cares, that is proven with years of work and support at the Flame. Be patient and keep positive. It's sad but the flame will burn again soon.

Now let's do the Flamie's, anyone remember the categories? I'm happy to help sort it out.

I understand everyone's frustration but Charles cares, that is proven with years of work and support at the Flame. Be patient and keep positive. It's sad but the flame will burn again soon.

Now let's do the Flamie's, anyone remember the categories? I'm happy to help sort it out.

Stormy can we add new category....sexiest Flamer :rotfl

The owner of this site, Charles Song (I believe?), is he a fan of Weta/Middle Earth and was he ever active in the forum? I haven't been a member of that forum that long, just 3 years I think, but during all that time, I've never seen him there. So I don't know, maybe his interest has waned, that's why he's taking his time in fixing the site.

Did anyone receive their flamie's that won them for 2014, SC?

I remember Min won 4 of them but she never received them. At least I never saw them under her avatar.

This actually brings tears to my heart. I didn't realize how much it became a home to me, until I spent all those weeks actually missing it every day...

I will avoid blaming anyone or being upset with anyone, because honestly, I have no idea what is going on and therefore I can't judge, but the situation is really really frustrating. And while we seem to find little corners with flamers in them, it's really not the same.

Anyhow, on the Weta shopping front, I was considering Beorn's House, but the price tag took him off the list, so it's back to Faramir vs Bard. Hopefully I can make a decision before they run out :p

If it stays down for much longer, there is an opening for someone who wants to step in and have THE LotR forum...

I will say I'm glad you all are here. Since I can't post it's nice to interact even just a little with you all. I'm sure Chuck is working on it but maybe by summer it's time to start some kind of Weta centric message board.

Back