WETA forums problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the survey as well. At the end I mentioned that while I love the great CS and product quality, there are two things that keep me from ordering direct from Weta more frequently:

(1) The temporary hold of funds by the Bank of NZ at the time of pre-orders

(2) No flex-pay/payment plan

I agree Naz, :lecture

If Weta get enough collectors asking for Flex-pay/payment plans, I think it will only be a matter of time before it will come to pass. :pray:

I agree Naz, :lecture

If Weta get enough collectors asking for Flex-pay/payment plans, I think it will only be a matter of time before it will come to pass. :pray:

I know Weta's response in the past regarding flex-pay was always along the lines of - we're a small collectibles company etc... Well, with all of the high $$$ mega statues and onslaught of new stuff over the last couple of years they could have fooled me.:lol

Made the point that an easy payment plan would be a great thing for them to set up for us poor collectors :pray:
Dangit, what a dumbo am I to forget this? :slap I really hope many customers are gonna adress this issue. Flexpay would help both sides for sure.

Liking the look of the new smial.

Little disappointed that the Green Dragon isn't bigger, though. It looks great, but I was really hoping for the full size Mill/Bridge/Pub version, but I get why they'd trim it down. If the thickness of the base is any indication, I'm guessing the GD is roughly twice the width of a smial.

Either way, it's more than welcome in my collection!

It doesn't appears at WETA website, but it's for preorder on this online shop (I think it'll be up soon at WETA, becouse that online shop is very responsible):

View attachment 179641

View attachment 179642

And this is the link, to watch better (and bigger) the pictures:

ESTATUAS Y FIGURAS : El Hobbit La desolación de Smaug Estatua 1/6 Oin the Dwarf

(at their Facebook, they say it will be in hands in a couple of weeks)

Like the look of this one, reminds me I still need to order Bifur.

I took the survey as well. At the end I mentioned that while I love the great CS and product quality, there are two things that keep me from ordering direct from Weta more frequently:

(1) The temporary hold of funds by the Bank of NZ at the time of pre-orders

(2) No flex-pay/payment plan

Damn, I forgot to mention that when I did mine :slap

Boy, the ol' Freak Board looks a bit different, eh? It's been years!

Glad that a few of you are over here while we await the fate of the Shadow & Flame board. I half expected to see a question about the message board on the Weta Questionnaire that was just sent out...

I've ordered The House of Beorn--so excited!!! Looking at the Green Dragon with an eye to picking that up as well--but I haven't seen the new smial you guys are talking about! Where can I see it?

Looking at the Green Dragon with an eye to picking that up as well--but I haven't seen the new smial you guys are talking about! Where can I see it?

Here are the two pics Twilight Wraith posted a few pages back.

Here is the smial

33o0f8i.jpg

and The Green Dragon

8zmqfb.jpg

:D

Judging by the relative thickness of the bases, my guess is that the GD is roughly twice (maybe three times?) the width of the smial. Which would put it in the 10-12 inch neighborhood.

Anybody in Calgary go to the Expo today and if they did, did they have the Balrog there for sale and if so, how much?

In WETA's Facebook:

QUESTION: Please get the Weta Collectors Forum up and running!

ANSWER (Weta Workshop): We would if we could - we don't run the forum and we are trying to get hold of the owner but he's gone silent. Trust me - we're doing what we can.

In WETA's Facebook:

QUESTION: Please get the Weta Collectors Forum up and running!

ANSWER (Weta Workshop): We would if we could - we don't run the forum and we are trying to get hold of the owner but he's gone silent. Trust me - we're doing what we can.

Thanks for the info man. Weta is always caring about us, i knew they should have taken required actions.

Hopefully we can have some other solutions if this is really being dragged too long, example :
1) Weta setup a new forum, we fans running it. The previous mods at Weta forums should continuing being the mods on new forums.

I thnk the time has come for us to consider the very likely possibility that there will no longer be a shadow and flame forum...

Back