Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Azog is charging with his Warg In the BOTFA, perhaps the greatest Middle Earth battle ever put on screen in addition to the variables I mentioned... oh yes Josh...Grail...again if Weta makes Companion piece...bonus...wow

I hope it does. I love the piece. Have since the moment I saw it last year at comic-con and to finally have it arriving on Monday will be sweet. So I'm hoping/thinking it will. :rock

It is an absolutely spectacular piece. I didn't love the unexpected journey as much as I did desolation of smaug, which is why I didn't order at first (also when this released I hadn't gotten into statues yet), but I'm kicking myself now. Really really really hope my wait list at weta converts. Does anyone have experience with their wait list?

It is an absolutely spectacular piece. I didn't love the unexpected journey as much as I did desolation of smaug, which is why I didn't order at first (also when this released I hadn't gotten into statues yet), but I'm kicking myself now. Really really really hope my wait list at weta converts. Does anyone have experience with their wait list?

I think you'll get a conversion. Its an expensive piece and someone is likely to change their mind or not have the funds right now.

Well that's good enough for me. It's the thought that counts :)
:duff

One already sold on eBay for 1200 +90 shipping. I am not looking for a one to one trade on the older items, would consider partials, etc. Anyway, UPS bumped mine to Monday due to weather, but its coming from Portland to Phoenix what weather is there?

One already sold on eBay for 1200 +90 shipping. I am not looking for a one to one trade on the older items, would consider partials, etc. Anyway, UPS bumped mine to Monday due to weather, but its coming from Portland to Phoenix what weather is there?

It had a "Make offer" option, so it probably sold for less.

there are many variables that go into making decisions for purchasing a statue...The Azog has all the variables in its favor...Low ES, awesome sculpt, awesome dynamic action/pose, great paint job(hey it's Weta),a creature(warg),A villain, huge size and terrific representation of a beloved franchise...all the variables I use if I think this will be a grail or not....This piece is close to perfection in my eyes...I got all of that just from photos...I can only imagine in person what this will look like in a few days, and grats to anyone who got this....Another variable I forgot to mention...How 500 of these very expensive $700 sold out quickly(4 weeks)...Thats a good/great sign...

All good points, for me though the key is that PJ's Hobbit < PJ's LOTR. I just don't like the movies as much, fell less compelled to collect the statues as a result, and really see the timelessness of some of the older pieces. But to Josh's point there will never be another exponentiation like we saw with the Balrog at its peak. Well I say that and the Argonath has come close.

It had a "Make offer" option, so it probably sold for less.

Yes that is true, you can see it in the history. I am still surprised there is only one seller on eBay with this for sale. Sideshow pieces would have dozens up already. People are pre-selling pieces that won't be seen for almost a year, crazy

Yes that is true, you can see it in the history. I am still surprised there is only one seller on eBay with this for sale. Sideshow pieces would have dozens up already. People are pre-selling pieces that won't be seen for almost a year, crazy

I had seen Sauron PF on ebay for crazy prices long before he started shipping.

Usually, if it sold with an accepted offer, the buy it now price would be crossed off (although the accepted offer price would not be displayed). Since the buy it now price was not crossed off, that one actually sold for the full $1200.

Those pictures on statue forum are really cool. I joined that forum just now but it won't let me post. Is there a waiting period or something after you activate your account?

Would love to see how much that guy wants for his Azog.

Those pictures on statue forum are really cool. I joined that forum just now but it won't let me post. Is there a waiting period or something after you activate your account?

Would love to see how much that guy wants for his Azog.

Did you activate your account using the email link? I loved how it came out....hope mine will be like that too!

I gotta see the in hand pics first before I make up my mind on this. I still have a chance to get this via my dealer.
Someone post pics pleeeeeease ~~~~

Pictures of 'Morgul Steve'

12528716285_bdc041b76b_b.jpg

12528847493_ee5d635256_b.jpg

12528710905_d6bb76d23b_b.jpg

12528708145_b322ab1f08_b.jpg

12528838463_79050e0b0c_b.jpg

12528835923_7344f4e465_b.jpg

12528710905_d6bb76d23b_b.jpg

12528698755_68f108b856_b.jpg

12529185234_753066cb1f_b.jpg

12528695385_0a1518c1e9_b.jpg