Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When (not if) the WETA LOTR/ Hobbit range dries up, then who will you look to for ME collectibles that are high end and impressive?

When Sideshow and Weta are gone, who will you look to for ME collectibles that are high end and impressive?
Gentle Giant? They mine the obscure and poor likenesses, they care nothing for the troubles of others.

It is in Weta that we must place our hope.

Sorry...... got carried away there :lol

The films are a big hurdle to cross for getting alternate pieces from different sources that blend in, but if someone made a 1/6 scale Tom Bombadil based on the books description, or a large eagle with a crown, then it would be a buy for me as the films could only represent so much of a small piece of ME history. The cost of everything is going up, if secondary market prices are influencing pricing, then we are all to blame. And once you start going down the road of 'It's not worth it' , then maybe it's time to change collecting habits :wink1:

Tom Bombadil..... yeah i'd get that. Infact i hope someone does statues based on book lore, if any such license would be possible.
Fact is, movie collectibles sell better than book-based collectibles.

So someone with a severed arm and a random hunk of pointed metal jammed into the atrophied butt end of the arm, not gore. I gotcha ;)

I suppose it is true that SS could have done nothing in lieu of the Snow Troll. Heck, the more I think of it the more likely it seems.

GG is doing ME related stuff now aren't they?

I think that GG could pull off good three 1/6 troll busts if the Goblin King is any indication of quality.

I think that GG could pull off good three 1/6 troll busts if the Goblin King is any indication of quality.

The Goblin King did look great. I would love to just see Weta take that size a piece and add legs to it for their Goblin King.

The Goblin King did look great. I would love to just see Weta take that size a piece and add legs to it for their Goblin King.

So far their creatures look good. GG's Azog looked good too

So someone with a severed arm and a random hunk of pointed metal jammed into the atrophied butt end of the arm, not gore. I gotcha

Compared to a severed head held up by a blood spattered orc, no its not.
The overall piece is a lot more than the Prosthetic, which in my opinion is very minor comparatively. Same character that many have watched on screen.

Compared to a severed head held up by a blood spattered orc, no its not.
The overall piece is a lot more than the Prosthetic, which in my opinion is very minor comparatively. Same character that many have watched on screen.

Which you have an option to display or not, not so here.

Never mind the gore factor. A 1/6 scale (or CT size for the scale purists :wink1:) Great Goblin King would seriously breach the fugly factor :lecture

But it would be an insta buy for this collector :)

Back