Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a big fan of all of Anderson's movies, so this is a must see for me.

Btw, Bill Murray is looking lean.

This will be great.:D

I'm a big fan of all of Anderson's movies, so this is a must see for me.

Btw, Bill Murray is looking lean.

Awesome! Love Wes Anderson, this looks good.

Anderson and Murray...I'm there.

I LOVE Wes Andersons films! Plus its got Murray, Willis and Norton.

Ass in seat.

What they said :lecture

I thought Bottle Rocket and Rushmore were excellent. Didn't care for the others and never saw Fantastic Mr. Fox. I think I'll take a look at this though. It's writtend with Roman Coppola, kind of wish Owen Wilson had a hand in writing it since he was an intehral part to writing Rushmore and Bottle Rocket. But hey, at least it's not written with Sofia(Ugh) Coppola.

Just saw this film today, I think it goes wide soon. Like most Wes Anderson movies this is getting great reviews. And as usual I'm at a complete loss as to why that is. I've been accused of "not getting" Wes Anderson, but I think I do "get" him - I just don't like what I got. It's pretty much quirk for quirk's sake.

Like all Wes Anderson movies the performances are highly stylized, he doesn't seem to want good acting in his films but prefers deadpan delivery. Perhaps this is a brilliant attempt to avoid the actor from adding any meaning to the character or story and leaving it all to the imagination of the audience. But it's off putting.

As much as I don't like Wes Anderson - this film is probably one of my favorites of his (and I've seen most of them). There are some very cool visuals and the young girl (despite not being allowed to act) gives a Chloe Grace Moretz or young Natalie Portman vibe - she'll probably go on to great things.

Of course in thinking about this - a lot of what I'm seeing in Anderson's films reminds me a bit of Kubrick, if Kubrick made "comedies." But I don't think Anderson's films would have the same effect on me as Kubrick does on repeat viewing - although I'm not likely to give Anderson the opportunity as I've never rewatched one of his films.

Anyway - I'm sure the cinesnobs will love this film - here's the trailer:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N8wkVA4_8s[/ame]

My friend wanted to see this, so I went along with him. I'd never even heard of it until yesterday, but I actually really enjoyed it.

Back