Well, I'm done buying Sideshow off eBay

• Thread starter Don of the Dead666
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: replacement policy

Sorry, Chicky. I didn't mean to imply your reply in this specific thread said that. Its more the general feeling that seems relayed to purchasers of Sideshow items. I know, just from my own experiences, that what once I was able to get remedied easily and quickly, later became an exhibition in surviving stress and aggravation.

Well, I'm moving on.
No luck hearing from the seller. Already had left good feedback. Guess its superglue time for Mr. Krueger.
I was going to review the toy for the site I write for, as I do for all the Sideshow Toys I buy, but do not feel I can be objective, don't get me wrong, it is an awesome figure, but its like getting a Hot Fudge Sunday and finding a dead fly in it.

I will NOT stop buying Sideshow, this comapny has given us horror fans 5 Jasons, 4 Freddys 2 Leatherfaces, a nice Michael Myers and some of the Best Army of Darkness toys ever, and Mrs. Voorhees! Never thought I'd ever see a toy of her!
Well, heres hoping I have better luck on the next one.

Don of the Dead
www.EternalCollector.com
img.photobucket.com/album...MeEvil.jpg

Re: replacement policy

And, who would have thought we'd see Pamela Voorhees before an Ygor or an old gypsy woman.........??

sideshow of the past even sold me parts to PFs that were bought by 3rd party. They even sold me a cape that was missing once.
It seems they used to deal with you just not give you free stuff and now they don't want to deal with you at all.

I had a broken part and the 3rd party dealer was no longer carrying sideshow. My first call to sideshow resulted in the same answer with no and, if's or buts. However, armed with a contact name at Sideshow, supplied by the company I purchased the statue from, I was able to obtain the replacement part for a small fee plus shipping.

Maybe I got lucky, maybe the Sideshow staffer felt sorry for me or they just had a case of that specific part just sitting around.

I bought a Springwood Slasher Freddy MIB from an eBayer (Due to the fact I have no credit card and usually miss out on Sideshows site)
I open Freddy and 2 of his fingers come off as I attempt to pose him. Not a problem, I've had good luck with sideshow in the past.
Well, that was the past.

Here is the letter I got upon asking how I could get it fixed/exchanged:

So basiclly, If they sell a broken product directly TO me, I'm fine, If oh, lets say an item sells out and my only route is eBay, if its broken I'm ******ed.>:

Thanks Sideshow, hope you don't miss my money.

They would be crazy to have a different policy.

h8163970E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back