Well I finally gave into the temptation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen the exclusive Grievous at a local merchandise shop. It looks so awesome with the cape on it. Mayby I'll pick one up around christmas when there still isn't a LOTR PF announced:monkey3

darthviper107 said:
Heheh, Grievous--my favorite PF.

I hope to get him this winter, depending on how much money I'll have at the time. Going for a regular though because I don't really care about the cape.

Is $370 a good price for the regular edition? Because that's around what I'd spend.
There was actually a few BIN on ebay for only $299 the other week and you may be able to bid on one and get it for well under $300. I just want the cape so Im hoping that I can get one.

mfoga said:
I did order mine a SDCC, they said there were around 25 at the begining. When I ordered mine the guy thought there were at least 15 left. I have a feeling you have a really good chance. They had a email to get it right out around the time of SDCC too. I know about a month ago they said they were contacting wait list and they are agian now. I have a feeling people put themselves on the list but cancel when its about to convert or there card gets declined. I think the price tag and reason everyone seems to use that they didnt like the character keeps these available. I seriously don't think I would have ordered if I had not seen it at SDCC, and my bank account wishes I didn't since I probally wouldn't have any to be honest. After I got it I wanted the others.:lol
You dont happen to remember the actual shipping cost that Sideshow charged. I guess it might be wrong since you are like next door and Im on the other side of the country.

jason2885 said:
You dont happen to remember the actual shipping cost that Sideshow charged. I guess it might be wrong since you are like next door and Im on the other side of the country.

It'll be in the upper $20's for you. Mine was something like $28.

carbo-fation said:
I still need to buy a plexiglass case for my GG. I know someone once said the ideal dimensions for a case (I think it was Mini-Rock), but I just can't remember.
I am actually getting ready to make a case for all my PF. What kind of plexiglass do you use or are they differenct kinds. Ive heard its real easy to scratch. The problem with glass is that it weighs 2 -3 lbs per sqft and the display I was going to build would have weighed 200 -300 lbs worth of glass. I have tweaked it and am trying to get a supply quotes now but I think its going to be about $500 for it.

Darth Loki said:
It'll be in the upper $20's for you. Mine was something like $28.
Ok so here the dilemma, theres one on ebay right now for $450 plus $35 shipping insured so Im not sure if I should wait on Sideshow or grab the one on ebay Im leaning to waiting a few days for Sideshow and then hopefully getting on of the ones on their right now.

jason2885 said:
I am actually getting ready to make a case for all my PF. What kind of plexiglass do you use or are they differenct kinds. Ive heard its real easy to scratch. The problem with glass is that it weighs 2 -3 lbs per sqft and the display I was going to build would have weighed 200 -300 lbs worth of glass. I have tweaked it and am trying to get a supply quotes now but I think its going to be about $500 for it.

I have never bought one before but there is website (caseforcollectibles.com I believe), that makes custom ones. THey are quite pricy too. But if you have the ability to make your own, then I'd go for it. Just be sure to post pics when it's finished! :D

jason2885 said:
It had free shipping, but the downside to living this close is sales tax. Bye bye 30 dollars.

carbo-fation said:
I have never bought one before but there is website (caseforcollectibles.com I believe), that makes custom ones. THey are quite pricy too. But if you have the ability to make your own, then I'd go for it. Just be sure to post pics when it's finished! :D
I am going to get someone else to build it for me but I got to get all of the mateials and i have it designed on Visio now. I think Im going to make two sections. The top one will be 4.5' X 2.5' X 2.5'. For the bottom the usable space will be about 4' X 2.75' X 2.5'. I want to make glass doors on boths sides of the bottom to place stuff inside it but Im not sure if i should do that for the top or just be able to lift the top off. The real dilema is to either stain or paint black. Everything in my room is wood colored but the bases of the PF are black. I will post a picture once I get it done hopefully with Grievous in the bottom. I wanted to make the top so I could fit all 5 of the ANH PF and maybe get a Chewie and the droids in there too but Im not sure I will be able to accomplish that. Then on the bottom I will put others for now.

It had free shipping, but the downside to living this close is sales tax. Bye bye 30 dollars.
Oh ok well I guess from the infromation gathered shipping was almost $30 so its close to the one on ebay. Im just hoping Sideshow gives me a conversion today and I want have to worry with ebay

Grievous is my 2nd favorite PF and I think although not movie accurate, it looks much better with the cape. The detail is great but trust me, you will have a problem displaying him unless you have enough space. The area he consumes is pretty large. :) I have a shelf I installed for all my PF's and GG is the only one that won't fit on it. It won't fit atop any of my Detolfs either because they are too close the the wall. I had to display it on one of my speakers and that kind of makes me nervous. Although I think the pose is great, I would have preferred something that would fit on a standard 12" shelf (even sideways). I would have preferred a couple of the hands would have been tighter to the body and if one of them would have had a blaster similar to the little Hasbro Unleashed GG. :eek:

But my ramblings aside, good luck on the wait list. I have a feeling you'll get converted and you won't be disappointed.

Well I have had some great news tonight when I got home from my 12 hour day of school, not only has my Qui-Gon exclusive shipped but my General Grievous exclusive is now turning into an order. That was really quick. I am so happy to now have all of the PF's released so far. I cant wait to put him together. I may ask a few questions about him when he arrives like whats the best way to acutally unpack the box. It looks kinda complicated to actaually get out of the box.:lol

Last edited:
jason2885 said:
Well I have had some great news tonight when I got home from my 12 hour day of school, not only has my Qui-Gon shipped but my General Grievous exclusive is now turning into an order. That was really quick. I am so happy to now have all of the PF's released so far. I cant wait to put him together. I may ask a few questions about him when he arrives like whats the best way to acutally unpack the box. It looks kinda complicated to actaually get out of the box.:lol
Congrats. That was very fast. When it comes to putting him together just follow the instructions. They are very clear but be prepared to see more twist ties they you have ever seen but if you take you time unpacking all will be good.

mfoga said:
Congrats. That was very fast. When it comes to putting him together just follow the instructions. They are very clear but be prepared to see more twist ties they you have ever seen but if you take you time unpacking all will be good.
I hate twist ties. I guess I will have fun opening and putting him together then.

jason2885 said:
I hate twist ties. I guess I will have fun opening and putting him together then.
You hate twist ties?:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
You are going to really hate them after unpacking him. I swear there were something like 4-5 on every piece.

mfoga said:
You hate twist ties?:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
You are going to really hate them after unpacking him. I swear there were something like 4-5 on every piece.
Well one thing about twist ties is once you get them took off if you ever want to repackage it its a pain in the butt to get all the twist ties back on in the correct places. I just hope he comes next Thursday after I have my A&D Communication midterm so I can actually enjoy unpacking him.

Well I got back from school tonight after probably failing a midterm to find the Grievous had come a day early so well at least I have had one bright spot today.
I went to opening him once I got in the door. The box is really big. When I started opening him I had all kinds of problems with those darn twist ties. It took me probably 30 minutes to get him out of the box. After that assembly was a snap. Once assembled he looks amazing. The cape is huge and definetly make the figure look better but he looks awesome without it on. Over all I am very happy. I was able to fit him on the dresser where my ANH 5 are at beside Vader. I cant wait until I get a case made for them.
I just wish he wasnt so fragile I was afraid I was going to break him getting him out of the box and putting him together. What have people found is the best way to place his cape on him. I got it on but I dont think it looks quite right

jason2885 said:
Well I got back from school tonight after probably failing a midterm to find the Grievous had come a day early so well at least I have had one bright spot today.
I went to opening him once I got in the door. The box is really big. When I started opening him I had all kinds of problems with those darn twist ties. It took me probably 30 minutes to get him out of the box. After that assembly was a snap. Once assembled he looks amazing. The cape is huge and definetly make the figure look better but he looks awesome without it on. Over all I am very happy. I was able to fit him on the dresser where my ANH 5 are at beside Vader. I cant wait until I get a case made for them.
I just wish he wasnt so fragile I was afraid I was going to break him getting him out of the box and putting him together. What have people found is the best way to place his cape on him. I got it on but I dont think it looks quite right
Heres how mine is
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11199

Back