Weight for Besta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASAP

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently I installed the Besta and put some of my statues on the shelf. I am sorry if this question may asked before. From the IKEA website one shelf able to hold 66lbs or 30 kgs. My questions are

1. The maximum 66lbs is apply to whole shelf or single partition?
2. From the picture, I am more concern about the Dark Rider (23lbs) whether the partition board able to hold 23lbs? I am using the plug in pegs instead of screw in pegs

Thanks.

1486247_10152609681071677_853969037_o_zpsb36d6902.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Many collectors have more than 30 lbs on a shelf (particle board and pegs included) with no problems. I'm not sure I would trust IKEA all the way to 66 lbs, but I'm not worried about 37 lbs at all anymore.

Hi,

Recently I installed the Besta and put some of my statues on the shelf. I am sorry if this question may asked before. From the IKEA website one shelf able to hold 66lbs or 30 kgs. My questions are

1. The maximum 66lbs is apply to whole shelf or single partition?
2. From the picture, I am more concern about the Dark Rider (23lbs) whether the partition board able to hold 23lbs? I am using the plug in screw instead of screw in.

Thanks.

1486247_10152609681071677_853969037_o_zpsb36d6902.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks. I have made some changes. I changed to screw in pegs instead of plug in pegs. For the Dark Rider, I installed double particle boards, just in case. But seeing some collectors put IronMan LSB, I am more confidence. Thanks.

Just wanted to recommend using the screws, but I see you did that already. Good job, that makes it a lot safer. Btw, you got a nice collection there, bit of jealous over here actually.

I find the regular pegs being stronger, as the screwed ones tend to bend down, however, I don't see either collapsing under weight.

2 Mythos Vaders, huh? Nice!

Wasn't really concerned about the weight. But I think the screws are advised by Ikea to better hold the cabinet together.

You mean the screw better hold the partition board better? They only supply 1 set for each shelf. They should have provide the complete screw pegs.

Back