Weathertop in da house!

• Thread starter Lookin4Precious
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Well..............

Sure thing FB... i'll do it tomorrow.. or perhaps tonight. But i will need a volunteer to get them up for me because i just CAN'T do it. Josh helped me out with Gothmog... if you can... send me a pm...

Trust me FB you WILL want this one! I love the environments and this guy is just so cool!!! I also get my Buckleberry Ferry tomorrow too, so i'll take pics of that as well.

I am really on the fence about Weathertop, some pics will definately help. 8o

I have Weathertop and Buckleberry Ferry arriving this week. And then Amon Hen is a week or two more. Wow, 3 Environments all together, ouch time for my Bank Account!

:thud

Re: !

Robo those are the best photos I've seen of Weathertop so far. I feel since it's a hill it needs to be higher than the other enviros so I might buy a small glass box to put it on!

Re: re

RoboDad, great pics. I have mine, arrived today. I love the detail in the tower and statues and the hobbit camp is a nice touch. Mine has grass throughout like yours, but it seems like less color than yours. Maybe the flash of your camera brings out the colors more. I need to take some pics. It is smaller than helm's deep, but bigger than Minas Morgul. Surprisingly heavy too!

I love the piece!

It is a very nice piece but unfortunetly mine had a big chip on the base down to the polystone so I'm going to have to get a replacement. :(

Other than that, it is small but very nice and a lot of little details.

My box was nicely crushed at the top corner. Got me worried but all good on the inside. Here's a quick pic. Me likes the staircase.

Weathertop1.jpg

I was pretty disappointed the first time I saw this on the SS site, but now I'm impressed. Dangit! I just can't start buying environments....Must be strong....

Seion

Re: replay

Not thrilled with the paint job, it has the same greenish gray tint, only worse than golden hall. From far away it looks like a greenish lump of clay that a 5 yr old abandoned. It's supposedly inspected. So far, these mass shipments and rush paint jobs have been really unreliable. Why can't they paint throughout the year instead of 3 months during the summer? Mine will probably go back. :bang The sculpt is nice but it should have been bigger.

If yours looks plain greenish gray then someone didn't complete the paint job. On mine the grass is green (naturally), but the rock varies in different shades of gray and brown, with some nice lighter highlights. It looks very natural and realistic to me. Basically, what you see in my pictures is exactly how it looks in normal lighting.

Looks great next to the stone trolls I bet. There all green and mossy as well! :lol

Jesse

I received mine the other day and it is nice but it is my least favorite of all the environments maybe because to me it is lacking something prominent in it...:(
Bill
:gandalf

Back