Weathering Jeans?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomCreator

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just looking for the easiest way to weather some jeans that are too blue.

Also, adding a realistic hole in the knee, and perhaps shredding the bottoms.

I don't want to have to wash them 100 times...lol.

Really depends on the material and stitching of the jeans how it'll turn out.

But yeah, sandpaper, dirt, wire brush, etc.

Easy stuff. Add the jeans to a load of whites or towles that you are washing. Most of the time I use chlorine bleach to keep the whites white and kill bacteria. I have used this method several times and it works out well. Also if that doesn't get you the desired effect, use bleach to water in a 1:1 ratio. Use a q-tip to apply to the ares that you want lightened and then wash in the washer. I cannot post pictures yet but it does work.

Sandpaper works the best. I use it on my jeans & 1/6 as well. Have also used it to weather 1/6 leather jackets as well. If you want stains, just thin some acrylic & brush it on until it looks how you want it to. Did this with the Punisher skull after airbrushing it on. Can also airbrush or drybrush browns & tans to simulate dust.

yea, don't really need to add stains, however, I might want to add wetness to the bottoms. I am thinking just some clear tamiya paint to get a wet look as if standing in snow or puddle??

well, like everything, my lack of patience made me go overboard.

The "streaks" I did on my jeans ended up coming out white white...lol

Any remedy? I was thinking of mixing up some blue paint close to the jeans color and dry brushing over it. I guess it can't hurt to try seeing as how they may be ruined anyway...lol

Yes, they do, but it will probably come in a liquid form, made for washing machines, so go slowly. Try on a loose piece of clothe and if the color is too strong, add water until you get the right color...

Back