Weather Vs. Statues and Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiquidIce

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am in need of your opinion and insight. For the past year, I have started to collect Hot Toys, statues, and NECA figures. My collection is displayed in my basement (since that's where my media center is set up). Here comes the problem... I live in Markham Ontario, Canada. During the winter, it can get quite cold in my basement. I have a Hot Toys DX12 Batman and a Catwoman, which have rubber parts.

I would like to know what low temperature would it take to start affecting my figures that have rubber parts or my statues that are made of polystone, pvc, leather, etc? I am worried about the rubber cracking or breaking off it's adhesive (Example Batman DX12's leg armor).

Let me know, thanks a bunch.

I'm not sure which range of temperature is not good or our collectibles.

But humidity is also an issue if your area is moist. I have a cordless de-humidifier inside my Detolf case. It does get humid in my living room during summertime.

I'm not sure which range of temperature is not good or our collectibles.

But humidity is also an issue if your area is moist. I have a cordless de-humidifier inside my Detolf case. It does get humid in my living room during summertime.

Thanks for the reply. Oh? That's good that you do. What effects can humidity cause to Hot Toys with rubber or statutes (PVC or polystone)?

The actual parts should not be affected by the cold unless your getting seriously below zero and then your house will have more serios issues to worry about. The glue should also be good the problem is the shrink rates of various materials held by the glue. If the temps change slowly there will be less of aproblem as well.

The actual parts should not be affected by the cold unless your getting seriously below zero and then your house will have more serios issues to worry about. The glue should also be good the problem is the shrink rates of various materials held by the glue. If the temps change slowly there will be less of aproblem as well.

That's good to hear. Any experiences with comiquettes & Premium Formats in colder environments (Not under 0 degrees of course)? I'm curious how the paint will hold up. I have seen people post pictures of their PFs with cracking paint (Psylocke PF), wonder if the cold has anything to do with it.

I live in Markham Ontario, Canada. During the winter, it can get quite cold in my basement.

Fix the problems causing your basement to be cold. You may find you save enough on your heating bills to buy replacement toys when you need to. A basement in Markham should not be getting very cold if it's properly insulated and the home adequately heated. How old is the construction? I know Markham has anything from brand new to 100+ years old.

Fix the problems causing your basement to be cold. You may find you save enough on your heating bills to buy replacement toys when you need to. A basement in Markham should not be getting very cold if it's properly insulated and the home adequately heated. How old is the construction? I know Markham has anything from brand new to 100+ years old.

I found out earlier this winter that one of the factors was minor cracks around the frame of the basement window. I patched it up, since then it's been better. The thing is, anytime it is under around -15 outside it gets quite chilly, can't stay down there without a jacket. I'll look further into this in the near future.

Back