We need a really good Eleventh Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCfan

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is a sort of appeal to sculptors - does anyone have any interest in doing a really good Eleventh Doctor head? There was one just posted on Gallifrey Base but it doesn't look right to me. We could really do with someone like Spenser turning his masterly skills to capturing Matt Smith's likeness (hell, Spenser could even make a sonic screwdriver).

Matt Smith has not only made the part his own after one episode but looks like being one of the greatest Doctors of all, so I'm pretty sure the interest will be there.

Not everyone knows about the Doctor Who Group sub forum here where a lot of Who stuff gets talked about and revealed that's not up here in the main section.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/group.php?groupid=61

Doctor Who heads in general
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=334

Matt Smith V2 by Billy B
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=263&pp=10

Billy told me this week he would have another update for Smith soon. :)

Still not seen Smith's portrayal. Is he any good?

Billy B's sculpt though is pretty damn amazing

Still not seen Smith's portrayal. Is he any good?

Billy B's sculpt though is pretty damn amazing

Joey check out the new series ASAP because Matt Smith is f'ing PHENOMENAL.

There aren't enough suitable words in the dictionary to accurately describe how much I hated his predecessor and I was 99.99% convinced the modern show wasn't worth the effort any more but Matt Smith has totally blown me away.

In 2 weeks he's made a mockery of the notion that Tennant would be hard to follow and IMO he's on course to become the best Doctor since Tom by some considerable margin.

The influence of Patrick Troughton on his performance is most noticeable but he's got bits of Tom and Bill in there and combined with his own slightly odd personality and appearance it makes for a much more intresting Doctor than the one trick pony he followed.

If your the same BCM77 on TFw, that's a heck of a turn around.

That would indeed be me :)

A lot of the time people misinterpret me and are too quick to label me as a "hater" of everything about the modern show and make all kinds of false judgements of my character soley because my views on things such as the previous regime of Doctor Who are so blunt and uncompromising.

I was hugely sceptical over the casting of Matt Smith and having purposely missed all the "specials" I really thought I was done with the modern show.

Then I saw one of the trailers and something about Smith just seemed "right" and I was intrested enough to try the first episode of his era and was blown away by how good he was.

He won't ever beat Tom, Pat or Jon or in my estimation but I doubt anyone will do that, I just want a Doctor I can watch without wanting the character to be beaten to a pulp every week.

So far, so good :D

I wasn't the biggest fan of the last couple Tennth seasons either, but there were usually one or two episodes a season that were worth watching. The season finales usually weren't after season 2. The first 3 specials were decent for tennth. The final two were crap. The only good part of the final two was they way they handled the regenneration. I'm hoping if we see the master again it's a more classic version. I'm tied myself between Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker. I often rewatch those old episodes.

Tennant should've regenerated during that Davros story. That would've been a hell of a way to go out instead of moping around for those last few stories.

I have BillyB's v1 Matt Smith sculpt, and it rocks.

I tried to get BillyB's v2 sculpt instead, but I'm actually glad I ended up with the v1. I love the messy, multi-layered look he did with hair on that one.

Back