we need a 1/6 Batgirl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groovy34

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think we as individuals need to contact sideshow and hot toys and inquire about her. If both companies see we are interested we might get her.
I mean the last time she was made almost 15-20 yrs ago. that's too long await.

11751430_10204469483727666_7733189915306819108_n.jpg
11781732_10204469482767642_5324352328453973660_n.jpg
11214318_10204472221836117_6165431418683490067_n.jpg
11700924_10204469482927646_5685386923322281757_n.jpg
11701038_10204472221356105_2022849677792086798_n.jpg
11214138_10204472220236077_6972154727029460942_n.jpg

we have seen decent smaller figures and statues but what's the deal with sideshow and Hot toys.

Greg_Capullo-Batgirl.jpg
not fond of how the idiots did the cape but the rest of figure would be bad ass as 1/6 scale.

P9244970.JPG
again not a fan of yellow under cape we are stuck with it since 2000 animated batgirl came out with it.
DSCN98431.JPG
dc-collectibles-batgirl-new-52-action-figure-02.jpg
P9255016.JPG

these are all great 6" but why no 1/6 scale

1/6th Batgirl would be bad ass! I was really hoping for a '66 version from HT, but a New 52 look from SS would also rock!

3810453.jpg

yea i brought that up as well with hot toys and told them she had more fans than burt ward and adam west.

And yet no 1/6 scale. I know sideshow has problems with their female body so I see a delay but what's hot toys excuse. She is finally in a videogame as a playable character.

Hot toys could do both 1967 batgirl and Arkham knight matter of family batgirl.

And sideshow can do their version similar to the premium format they did.

If it's so apparent I see it I don't know why it hasn't appeared in their minds

Marvel and DC need to give comic licenses to a 1:6 figure company other than Sideshow or HT. Sideshow has the comic license but have done a mediocre to poor job with the line and HT has the movie and video game licenses, and seem to be way too busy to take on anything more. The reason smaller figs can be done is that they are all plastic and inexpensive. A company producing high end detailed figures with spandex-like materials, superhero proportioned bodies, head sculpts, accessories, etc. would likely need to charge $150-$200/per as opposed to 9.99, 19.99 or whatever action figure toys go for these days.

But the results would be closer to these, which put SS's to shame IMO.
5n4ojl.jpg

Agree on the '66 Batgirl from HT. As well as Catwoman, Joker, Riddler and Penguin

There is a chance with the DC 1:6 Line if it continues (I know the lack of new product at SDCC, has more than a few worried) that they'll do a Batgirl. It's even possible with the new DLC being Batgirl-centric for Arkham Knight that HT might do one. The one I want is the "Burnside Batgirl"

fec7f4129e3018f96fd6db519af2481a.jpg

which I thought had a legitimate chance with all the press the costume change got but I have a feeling that even if SSC continues that they'll just stick to idealized versions of the "Classic" looks.

but what's hot toys excuse.

She's not in the movies?

She is finally in a videogame as a playable character

You mean as a minor playable character?

They've only done one figure from the games - the main character. Batman. They haven't even done his major villain (which was already teased at one point), the Joker. I don't know how you could possibly expect that they'd be doing any of the minor characters.

I agree warner needs to spread the license to those who can supply with demand. If it's to taxing for sideshow or hot toys why not get some of these other companies a go.

I mean there is Phicen , flirty girl, playtoy, very cool, pop toys, big chief, that company doing the Harry potter stuff, any one of these companies could make figures or kits anything to get the ball running.

She's not in the movies?

You mean as a minor playable character?

They've only done one figure from the games - the main character. Batman. They haven't even done his major villain (which was already teased at one point), the Joker. I don't know how you could possibly expect that they'd be doing any of the minor characters.

Probably because joker is also in her DLC. But you know there busy making every iron man in creation so I see your point. Why get batgirl when we can get star spangled iron man

I think aci and kaustic could put together justice league stuff. Like I said warner needs to realize hot toys and sideshow has gotten to big to keep up with all the licensing and hot toys is making 15 million different iron man to be bothered with anything else.

It will be 2026 and hot toys will still be making iron man

The problem is WB don't really seem to give much of a damn outside of the movie licensing, if you look back at Mattle's way of doing things compare to Hasbro DC toys are best out of DC Collectibles. I could be wrong but it really seems like they are happy taking the money for license from a small number of companies regardless of the products they do or do not put out.

Warner brothers has no clue how to handle their license. It's like they give it to a company and say make something with it. It's Hollywood their lucky if they know what day it is. All that sunlight fries brain cells if don't know.

I'm sick to death of 6" figures with mediocre articulation. Plus I'm getting age wise I want bigger figures something that looks less like a plastic toy.

Warner is stuck in time when Mattel Kenner and hasbro was the go to company. Now their the worst companies to make high end Collectables. Warner uses them because their cheap but more and more of the x-gens and now gens want something that doesn't look cheap.

Maybe warner needs new CEO 's because their no longer with the times. It's no longer 1980's.

I can't believe a company is content with making peanuts when they could be making trillions on Collectables all over the market.

I have no interest in an Arkham Batgirl or a Sideshow Batgirl, but I'd preorder '66 Batgirl in a heartbeat.

Warner brothers has no clue how to handle their license. It's like they give it to a company and say make something with it. It's Hollywood their lucky if they know what day it is. All that sunlight fries brain cells if don't know.

I'm sick to death of 6" figures with mediocre articulation. Plus I'm getting age wise I want bigger figures something that looks less like a plastic toy.

Warner is stuck in time when Mattel Kenner and hasbro was the go to company. Now their the worst companies to make high end Collectables. Warner uses them because their cheap but more and more of the x-gens and now gens want something that doesn't look cheap.

Maybe warner needs new CEO 's because their no longer with the times. It's no longer 1980's.

I can't believe a company is content with making peanuts when they could be making trillions on Collectables all over the market.

That's a bit of an overstatement, don't cha think? Besides, isn't that what they are doing with Iron Man?

I too want a Batgirl (and I assume you are not including the 1/6+ scale one DCC did) but I don't think demand is in the stratosphere or anything. There'd be sales for sure but nothing on the level of Iron Man.

SSCs is probably not gonna tackle it until they can do Wonder Woman...if they continue the line at all.

I believe you were one of the many Freaks who refused to by the Green Lantern they were offering. Completely within your right to pass but that surely can't help the line continue.

Do they have a "teen" body? I would think that it keeps Robin on the outskirts from being made. Although Batgirl is usually done the size of other females so the question there is more why hasn't it come yet.

Back