Statue WASP 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The prices on collectibles have been steadily getting out of wack for a few years now. :lol

Yeah I know, they also jumped significantly in only a few years time also. I think it’s because of the limited competition in the 1/4th market for one. Everything Sideshow sells has a huge markup, like their art prints also, people are sometimes paying 150 dollars for a plastic frame that you can buy for 20-30 bucks.

I think these are closer to 1/6th as they are the same size as XM’s 1/6h avengers line, 18’ from the top of her wing to the base, her wings are long and she’s floating in mid air. 400 for a 1/6th is getting excessive. Koto’s fine art Rogue was 230, has switch out heads and a significantly larger base, anybody else think these prices are getting out of wack?

Yeah, I think the price is way too high and the EX would be useless to me.

Yeah I know, they also jumped significantly in only a few years time also. I think it’s because of the limited competition in the 1/4th market for one.

True.

We've seen prices jump with nearly every new release. It sucks because I'm nearly being priced out of this hobby.

Everything Sideshow sells has a huge markup, like their art prints also, people are sometimes paying 150 dollars for a plastic frame that you can buy for 20-30 bucks.

Ain't that the truth! :lol

Super mark up. I cant believe people are foolish enough to believe its only because of inflation. lol

True.

We've seen prices jump with nearly every new release. It sucks because I'm nearly being priced out of this hobby.

Yep' same here.

It has to be that there are actually plenty people with $/disposable incomes purchasing/collecting figures.SS,HT,P1,XM all seem to be fine with the way things are going Sales wise.Because they keep raising their prices.

I really like this, BUT for that price I would want a change-out helmeted head for the big statue.

ordered the EX

it's perfect

I can stick the 4" Wasp with my 1/4 Cap Thor Widow Hulk display and the 1/5th scale with the other 1/5th scale Avengers

Very nice. Very good anatomy and sculpt. Face also looks good, for some reason I'm getting a Jennifer Beals vibe on it. I think the EX is nice as well and can complement any display.

$380/390 for a 1/5. 2013 doesn't seem too long ago and at that price we can have a 1/4 Red Sonja with detailed base, cape, and severed giant head back then. Oh, well :lol

Very nice. Very good anatomy and sculpt. Face also looks good, for some reason I'm getting a Jennifer Beals vibe on it. I think the EX is nice as well and can complement any display.

$380/390 for a 1/5. 2013 doesn't seem too long ago and at that price we can have a 1/4 Red Sonja with detailed base, cape, and severed giant head back then. Oh, well :lol

It’s not even that, Kotobukiya Fine Art line is the same as this and they have change out portraits and parts and Rogue was just 230 dollars. Even XM’s smalller line is 100-150 dollars cheaper and I thought they were expensive, however I really like their Black Widow.

How much would you guys pay for the small wasp? She never wore a helmet when I was reading her so I'm not interested in the mini version. I'll sell her to you for $150.00 plus postage? Deal?

Back