Was a new SW major episode every two years too ambitious?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was a new SW major episode every two years too ambitious?

• Yes

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
The ONLY reason Disney said that was to cover for Kennedy's mistakes, they couldn't blame her because she's female and everyone would say Disney was sexist if they fired her... She had an Agenda and anyone that wasin't onboard got removed as proven by all the Directors she kept firing...

It’d be nice if Hollywood put as much effort into making good films as they do with trying to be woke. Can you imagine how awkward it must be to have a conversation with KK, or anyone for that matter who probably begins a conversation by saying something to the effect of “ok before we start, my accepted pronouns are either her, she, they or them.”

I wouldn’t know if they’re making a joke, or genuinely being serious.

I'm in the "SW needs a rest" camp...movie wise that is...as i'm enjoying the Mandalorian series..

But for me a SW movie every year is overkill and i'd rather one well written (AGENDA FREE) movie every two/three years or so...over the endlessly badly written (AGENDA DRIVEN) crap that's been served up every other in the past five years or so...

Rogue one was the exception and worked great...proving that maybe stand alone movies are the way to go?...then again it also had a director who knew what he was doing...

If there's a new trilogy of movies in the pipeline a serious rethink and new direction is needed...something they should have done before they pissed all over the OT...as the Skywalker saga was done and dusted with ROTJ and should have been left well alone...

I'm in the "SW needs a rest" camp...movie wise that is...as i'm enjoying the Mandalorian series..

But for me a SW movie every year is overkill and i'd rather one well written (AGENDA FREE) movie every two/three years or so...over the endlessly badly written (AGENDA DRIVEN) crap that's been served up every other in the past five years or so...

Rogue one was the exception and worked great...proving that maybe stand alone movies are the way to go?...then again it also had a director who knew what he was doing...

If there's a new trilogy of movies in the pipeline a serious rethink and new direction is needed...something they should have done before they pissed all over the OT...as the Skywalker saga was done and dusted with ROTJ and should have been left well alone...

:exactly:

SW is burnt out on the big screen. Disney guessed wrong that folks wanted SW every year or more....it has lost it's "event" status.
New film will do well but probably not the numbers of even TLJ.
SW needs a rest of 3-4 years. Disney won't be that patient.

SW is burnt out on the big screen. Disney guessed wrong that folks wanted SW every year or more....it has lost it's "event" status.
New film will do well but probably not the numbers of even TLJ.
SW needs a rest of 3-4 years. Disney won't be that patient.

Baby Yoda movie ftw.:lecture:lol

SW needs a rest of 3-4 years.

Yes! This! At least 3-4 years. A decade would be nice.

Disney won't be that patient.

No. No it won't.

Disney has a history of bleeding everything it touches dry until it is reviled, then locking it away its that stupid vault.

I'm sure Frozen 3 is already in the works, because there's so much more to tell in that storyline.

Yes! This! At least 3-4 years. A decade would be nice.

No. No it won't.

Disney has a history of bleeding everything it touches dry until it is reviled, then locking it away its that stupid vault.

I'm sure Frozen 3 is already in the works, because there's so much more to tell in that storyline.

Even my kids struggled to get through Frozen 2, and that was for free with a screener disc.:dunno

I think the release schedule for the sequels was perfectly fine, but having the spinoff movies sandwiched between them made me sick to death of SW. I wish they hadn't made any of the spinoff movies.

:exactly: While the R1 Vader scene was one of my favorites, we could've gone without Solo and R1.

I still believe that a movie about the Death Star Dianoga would be more interesting than TLJ...

The problems are far beyond two-year releases. Failure in planning. Failure in writing. Failure in continuity. Failure in putting content above politics.

The problems are far beyond two-year releases. Failure in planning. Failure in writing. Failure in continuity. Failure in putting content above politics.

:exactly:

And fer %$*&^%$ get some folks involved who are major fans/geeks involved like the Russos know comics (whether I agree with their decisions or not). E.g. folks that really give a &^% and have a passion for their work.

At least Feige understands that concept, if he's really gonna be taking over SW.

It shouldnt have been.. Even though I liked the last film this ST has all sorts of issues. Having an actual plan would have helped. The force was defiantly not with Kennedy.

Now their failures are complete.

O001.gif

Back